A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

GPS data

Over on Santiago Bicicleta there is a request for Garmin GPS way point data. Does anyone here have this data available?
I am also looking for total ascent/descent data on stages as opposed to spot heights of various points along the way if anyone has this as well.

Michael W

Staff member
Donating Member
Regarding the GPS waypoints, have a look here:

Scroll down a bit under the heading "Route of Santiago de Compostela in Spain" there are some GPS downloads. I have not used a gps so I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but thought I would send you the link. The files are in .gz format. Don't know if that tells you something.

[edit: on a 2nd look, it looks like these are photos that can be used with a gps, and not the waypoints... sorry :( ]

Staff member
Donating Member
Me again...

Could this help?

BORUN, George A. [Pilgrimage account]. - 5 typescript pages by a pilgrim who walked from St Jean Pied-de-Port to Santiago in October/November 1996, and including Ground Position Satellite co-ordinates for each of the main places on the way. - 1996.

Found here:
Those interested in Camino Frances GPS waypoints and tracks may be interested in the derived GPS data I posted on the Australian Friends of the Camino website last year:
http://www.afotc.org/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=19

As you will see these are not my own tracks and waypoints, but are derived and consolidated from those of others who have walked the Camino before me.

The GPS tracks and waypoints I have assembled follows the route of Brierley's "A Pilgrim's Guide to the Camino de Santiago.

I will start the Camino Frances from St Jean on 6th May and plan to record my own set of tracks and waypoints as I go.

Peter S

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Hi Voxmox,
Ivar recently attempted an upgrade to the forum software but there were problems and he had to roll back to the previous version. Unfortunately some posts were lost and your post may have been one of them. Nothing sinister going on :)
More info here

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • April

Votes: 58 17.7%
  • May

Votes: 79 24.2%
  • June