• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Great morning for a walk...

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
but I used my old shoes today :)

I walk a cicuit around my house... I never tire of the view... so today I took my camera so I could share it with you. The shortest walk is about 4.5 km but today I did just over 8 km. I start on the road that goes through the valley and walk up what we call the white walk... then up and around the forest before heading back to the road again... and home

Attachments

• Walk1.jpg
    Walk1.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Walk2.jpg
    Walk2.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Walk3.jpg
    Walk3.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Walk4.jpg
    Walk4.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Walk5.jpg
    Walk5.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Walk6.jpg
    Walk6.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Walk7.jpg
    Walk7.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 82
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
but I used my old shoes today :)

I walk a cicuit around my house... I never tire of the view... so today I took my camera so I could share it with you. The shortest walk is about 4.5 km but today I did just over 8 km. I start on the road that goes through the valley and walk up what we call the white walk... then up and around the forest before heading back to the road again... and home

Carpe Diem!

MM

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
How lucky you are - what a wonderful landscape for walking. Your training should go swimmingly!

It is indeed a wonderful place to walk. I live in an area called as the Perigord Blanc... white because of the chalk, one of the reasons the soil is so pale. There are 100's of trails in all Directions and we're lucky that in our area they are well maintained. As the weather improves it will be easier too as it's all a bit wet and muddy in places at the moment. My neighbour is the President of the local walking group too so I get to go on lots of great walks with her. Problem is I've never really done more than 12km and until now I only do this once a week... so I've got a bit of work to do to get me ready... but so far it's not a chore... I love my morning walks :)

It is indeed a wonderful place to walk. I live in an area called as the Perigord Blanc... white because of the chalk, one of the reasons the soil is so pale. There are 100's of trails in all Directions and we're lucky that in our area they are well maintained. As the weather improves it will be easier too as it's all a bit wet and muddy in places at the moment. My neighbour is the President of the local walking group too so I get to go on lots of great walks with her. Problem is I've never really done more than 12km and until now I only do this once a week... so I've got a bit of work to do to get me ready... but so far it's not a chore... I love my morning walks :)

Beautiful . Scenic. Peaceful. With trails like this and increase training you should be ready for launch day . The Ozarks where I live is similar to this but has more "hills and hollers"

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Beautiful . Scenic. Peaceful. With trails like this and increase training you should be ready for launch day . The Ozarks where I live is similar to this but has more "hills and hollers"
Hi Dead Fred....I spent a wonderful week in The Ozarks about 5 years ago....it is indeed a beautiful and magical place. I was visiting Steelville to go to a concert......a long way from Aust. where I live.

When I drove into town today I noticed that the paved trails are plowed so maybe if it stays mild I can get outdoors to walk instead of the indoor track. We have a couple of feet of snow so it is difficult to walk along the road unless the snowbanks have been plowed back really well.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Dead Fred....I spent a wonderful week in The Ozarks about 5 years ago....it is indeed a beautiful and magical place. I was visiting Steelville to go to a concert......a long way from Aust. where I live.
Susanawee - Aust. for Australia I bet , Nor Austin Texas : ) , I live near Fayetteville home of the University Of Arkansas , Yes,I agree , it is beautiful and magical. also great for trekking . The spring is incredible with all the flowers and the fall equally as incredible with the autumn colors. Glad you had the opportunity to experience it .

Dear DF
I lived in Pine Bluff AR in the summers (way too hot) back in the mid to late 70's. It was not in the Ozarks but I did go there a few times and it was lovely. I have not been back since 1979 as my parents moved out of the state after that. I would think this would be a great time to walk right about now : )
Stefania

Today I decided it was time to tackle some weeding - I spent about 6 hours in the garden... I've got a sunburnt face and I ache more than I ever have with any of my walks!

(Oh... and I've also managed to lose both keys to my car... my husband is being remarkably patient... all things considered!)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Dear DF
I lived in Pine Bluff AR in the summers (way too hot) back in the mid to late 70's. It was not in the Ozarks but I did go there a few times and it was lovely. I have not been back since 1979 as my parents moved out of the state after that. I would think this would be a great time to walk right about now : )
Stefania

It is Stefania13 , much better than this winter. Pine Bluff?.. Oh yes, Hot like in "Brutal" , It's still that way , actually all of Arkansas is . Especially the Delta region with those nasty skitters.

I love my training walks, too! But I HATE walking in the rain [ wear spectacles all the time] However, we had a full day of sunshine four days ago, and I visited 5 Churches on a 12 mile [20 kms] walk.
https://plus.google.com/_/notifications/emlink?emr=11135864780440469337&emid=CMjJo5ez-bwCFTMETAodsGwAAA&path=/photos/111724793142187606932/albums/5986984180129178145?authkey=CKbT3_f81JrPNw&dt=1393953964891&ub=21

England is beautiful when the sun shines!!

Oh shucks .. your link is broken?

Susanawee - Aust. for Australia I bet , Nor Austin Texas : ) , I live near Fayetteville home of the University Of Arkansas , Yes,I agree , it is beautiful and magical. also great for trekking . The spring is incredible with all the flowers and the fall equally as incredible with the autumn colors. Glad you had the opportunity to experience it .
Yes, you are correct...Aust. for Australia and I live on the West Side of the country.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back