• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello Forum folks:

Old Hippy Barb

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017) Camino Frances summer - (2019)
I am brand new to this forum as a member, but I have been following it for a number of years. I was due to walk the Camino the summer of 2016, but had to postpone until next summer due to family concerns. Walking the Camino has been a goal of mine for quite some time, and I always said I wanted to complete it before I turned 60. So one year to go!! The information on this forum has been invaluable with regard to preparation and training. I have changed my boots twice, changed my walking poles twice and purchased a backpack based on your advice. So thanks so much for all the really great info. Each time I read the forum I gain encouragement from the positive thoughts. Keep up the great work!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Welcome Barb!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am brand new to this forum as a member, but I have been following it for a number of years. I was due to walk the Camino the summer of 2016, but had to postpone until next summer due to family concerns. Walking the Camino has been a goal of mine for quite some time, and I always said I wanted to complete it before I turned 60. So one year to go!! The information on this forum has been invaluable with regard to preparation and training. I have changed my boots twice, changed my walking poles twice and purchased a backpack based on your advice. So thanks so much for all the really great info. Each time I read the forum I gain encouragement from the positive thoughts. Keep up the great work!!!
Hello Barb and welcome to this wonderful forum family.
Wish you well, Peter. :cool::)

I'm with you age wise. I'll be starting my 60th year either on the Camino or (hopefully) in Santiago.

I'm with you age wise. I'll be starting my 60th year either on the Camino or (hopefully) in Santiago.
Thanks for the encouragement. I was really concerned about doing the walk at my age, but after spending time on the forum, it is great to know that I can make it as many others my age have as well.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello and Welcome!

You're not old! Our friend was 69 and a first-time walker when she completed the Camino Francés with us last year. Actually, you're in the younger demographic by Camino standards ;)

Keep up your great work and you'll be as fit as for your walk.

Best wishes from another (older than you) Hippy Barb!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Barb, I'm a relatively new forum member too. I'm due to start my Camino Frances on 3 September and completely agree that this forum has been and will continue to be invaluable to me and my preparations. Like you, I've changed my backpack twice and am now happy with my choice. I've also changed boots twice and am heading out this weekend to try on more mid-boots and hopefully will find the right pair that don't turn my feet into a sauna on the Frances.

Best wishes to you :)
Leeann

Welcome! :)

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.