• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello From down under

MadMax

Hi, my name is Tony and I just thought I would introduce myself. I have been reading this forum for over a year now and the information that I have gained has been invaluable, thank you Ivar for setting this forum up and keeping it running.

I am 32 and have been wanting to walk for over 7 years but have been unable to due to being over weight, now through nothing short of a miracle I have lost 60kg and can jog 10ks comfortably every day and can walk 20-30ks with ease, I feel I am now prepared. I am leaving for London on the 15th of Aug and plan to walk around the 15th of Sep. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, even though I haven't posted before, I have very much enjoyed hearing from everyone.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Tony, you have already accomplished a great deal; congratulations! It is interesting how the Camino calls to each of us. The seed is planted and then it grows at its own pace until finally it blossoms when we respond. You will have a great Camino. Don't push yourself; walk in a relaxed manner as they say. Remember that each day, each step can bring you great joy and much wisdom if you are ready to learn and remain open to what the Camino has to offer. That old saying about stopping to smell the roses could not find a better time to implement than on the Way.

Buen Camino,

Michael

Dear Tony,
All the best - Buen Camino - from another Aussie. Well done for your perseverence! May see you in Santiago.
Sharon

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Congratulations Tony!
I lost weight last time I walked and I'm hoping to lose 20 pounds on this Camino... good luck to us both!

Dear Mad Max...awesome job! I hope it's everything you anticipate and then some! Think of those of us still shackled to our desks..and post occasionaly..that way we can get a thrill when we get a shot at logging in!

Buen Camino, Karin

Hello MadMax
I will be walking in September also. I will be about a week ahead of you, so chances are, we will not meet, but I hope you have a wonderful journey.
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Madmax, Adriaan & I will be leaving Roncevalles on 16th Sept. Look out for two "over 65's", both with grey hair (but good walkers)! Congratulations on perseveering and loosing all that extra weight. Well done! Anne

Hey Mad Max, like all the others have said, well done on achieving such a fantastic start to set off on your camino. My husband's nickname is Mad Max so it was funny seeing your name here! Have a terrific time, enjoy your walk and post occasionally so we can see how you get along, good on ya mate!(buen camino in aussie lingo) :) cheers, Jane

Hello Mad Max, what an amazing thing you have already accomplished! With your determination and discipline the Camino will be a breeze. I am starting ahead of you by three days, but I am 60 so you will likely catch up to me! Look for a puffing canuck in a Tilley hat!

All the best for a great camino!

Alan P.

Victoria CAN

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Tony,
I will be starting from SJDP on September15th. Maybe we will meet on the WAY. I'm 62 so will be walking "in a relaxed manner'!! You have already accomplished so much . Congratulations.
I am also from Down Under, from Western Australia.
Take care and buen Camino.
Sandra

Thanks for all your encouraging support, i am so nervous about the whole situation, given that i have never left the country before. Something that is troubling me is that my shoes are giving me greif so i am bringing my runners to wear incase they dont wear in, i still have a month, so i wonder if many people do walk in sneakers. Hope to see some other members out, by the way max is my dog and he is quite mad so thats where the name comes from, he sure is going to miss me as 3 months is a long time, the most he has ever been without me is 10 days and he is 10years old

MadMax said:
Something that is troubling me is that my shoes are giving me greif so i am bringing my runners to wear incase they dont wear in,

Max - some people do walk in training shoes...but first...what's the problem with the walking shoes you have? Most modern shoes require very little "walking in" - rather our feet need to get used to walking in them. Maybe you should think about changing shoes if these ones don't fit or are causing problems? Look after your feet - they are your best friends on this journey.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.