• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello from Ireland

linmcclin

I hope to become a pilgrim in June. I am planning on walking with my daughter...
I found this website today and hope that I can chat to people who ...like myself..feel the need to do this. Also..it would be good to talk to some that have actually done it.
I am a strict vegetarian and really hope I dont go hungry on this journey.....
Lynn

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Lynn,
How special to be able to walk the Camino with your daughter!
I too am a vegetarian (not a Vegan though) and with a little planning have not yet gone hungry on six different Camino walks!
Type 'Vegetarian' in the SEARCH box above this post and you will find all previous discussions.

Thank you for your help. It sure will be a very different experience...and it will be lovely to have that time with my daughter. We are only doing the last part..as she can only get a week off......but I have a feeling this is the start of some wonderful meaningful adventures....Warmly..Lynn

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Lynn,

greetings from Ireland. I walked the Camino last September and found that lentils, chick peas and other pulses can be found in most stores, ready cooked for about 50c a jar. Granted I'm not a vegetarian but I try to limit the amount of meat I eat.

Hope your daughter and you enjoy the experience.

linmcclin said:
I hope to become a pilgrim in June. I am planning on walking with my daughter...
I found this website today and hope that I can chat to people who ...like myself..feel the need to do this. Also..it would be good to talk to some that have actually done it.
Lynn
Hi! from Margaret. I also plan to walk in June.

Hola and welcome. Although not a vegetarian I love the Tortilla Espanola; omelette usually with onion and potatoes. Comes as 'tapas' or 'raciones', (small or medium portions) so just check the size and buy enough to make a meal. I had one in Oviedo that filled the plate :).
As a vegetarian don't have the Tortilla Frances as it will have ham in it rather than potatoes.
Ensalada mixta is usually green salad, tomatoes and hard-boiled egg or tuna (or both). Some have ham (jamon) but if you ask then you can always opt for something to be left out as most places serve things fresh not ready made.
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
linmcclin said:
Lynn
Good for you, we an old school friend of mine , are planning our trip from the end of August/ beginning of september and our really looking forward to it! You won't starve, there will be plenty of things to eat, berries on trees, milk, eggs etc: unless you don't do dairy, there is food for all, I know vegans who have done it, and they came home fatter than when they left! Hope you and your daughter are still friends when you get home!

Good luck--------Scoopy.

Hello Lynn and welcome to the forum. I'm Irish too and was lucky enough to do the Camino with my daughter last September. We went all the way from St. Jean, and although difficult it was one of the best things I've ever done. The Salads in Spain are to die for and very cheap too. The fruit is plentifull too. Prepare properly and you will have no worries. Memories for a lifetime. Friends too if you want them. Try to get your daughter to extend her Camino if you can. She will love it. good luck with the preperations, Jimmy

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.