• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello, new here

Willeke

Time of past OR future Camino
2021 honeymoon
Hello, I am new here. I’m looking for information about the Camino francès. My partner and I are planning to do the Camino next year in juni for our honeymoon :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Willeke,

Welcome to the Forum, you’ve come to the right place. Where do you plan to start your Camino? Saint Jean? Do you have any specific questions?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That is so exciting for you! In 2015 I met a couple that were walking the Frances as their aisle and they got married on a beach in Finisterre. I happened to get the Finisterre at the same time as them and got to attend the wedding. (I don't think it was an official ceremony as it was another pilgrim that officiated.) But it was really fun.

What information are you looking for? There are so many threads with information about the Frances and if you look in the Resources there is lots of information there as well.

That is so exciting for you! In 2015 I met a couple that were walking the Frances as their aisle and they got married on a beach in Finisterre. I happened to get the Finisterre at the same time as them and got to attend the wedding. (I don't think it was an official ceremony as it was another pilgrim that officiated.) But it was really fun.

What information are you looking for? There are so many threads with information about the Frances and if you look in the Resources there is lots of information there as well.
I'm lookong how you get in Léon, by plane, if there are camping along thé way, because we don't want you get up at 4 al tot have a place in the next albergue... All that doet of things....

€60,-
Not much of an airport. You are going to find navigating along the Camino is usually by bus. Bus travel in Spain is the best way to get around. Depending on where you are coming from the best international airports to take a bus from are Bilbao and Madrid. Camping is very, very limited and banned in many places along the Camino. There are several resources on the Forum that discuss camping and a few videos of people who have tried it.

You will enjoy the walk from Leon. There are so many things to see from there.

Use Rome2Rio to find the different ways to get to Leon. That way you can put in the city you will be leaving from and how to get to Leon. Rome2Rio gives you plane, train and bus ideas.

If you are concerned about racing to the albergues, the private albergues and smaller hotel/hostels let you book in advance. As next year will be very busy, you could start looking at booking these places soon. I don't know if you can do it now - you may have to wait for life to get back to "normal" whatever that might be in the future.

Biarritzdon above answered about camping. I don't know of anyone who camped. It would help us if you give us more details - like your budget for the trip - where you are travelling from etc, what you hope to see, if you have done hiking or long walks in the past, your approximate age etc.

You will enjoy the walk from Leon. There are so many things to see from there.

Use Rome2Rio to find the different ways to get to Leon. That way you can put in the city you will be leaving from and how to get to Leon. Rome2Rio gives you plane, train and bus ideas.

If you are concerned about racing to the albergues, the private albergues and smaller hotel/hostels let you book in advance. As next year will be very busy, you could start looking at booking these places soon. I don't know if you can do it now - you may have to wait for life to get back to "normal" whatever that might be in the future.

Biarritzdon above answered about camping. I don't know of anyone who camped. It would help us if you give us more details - like your budget for the trip - where you are travelling from etc, what you hope to see, if you have done hiking or long walks in the past, your approximate age etc.
We don't want to book in advance, because that way you have two reach your albergue or sleeping place... We just want to ben deze to stop of we're tired or stay walking of we van do some km's... If you book on advance you don't have that option anymore. We're want to find out of there is any possibility tot stay one someone's garden with our tent....

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Willke,

That stretch is great. My favorite is Villafranca del Bierzo to O’C. A long day with the last big climb, I hope you enjoy it too. June is always busy and next year is a Holy Year, a little pre-planning may be in order but we all walk our own Way. Lots of info available, Brierley book is a great start as mentioned. León has a good train station as well, it was undergoing a renovation when I was there last summer but no disruption. Buen Camino.

Type Camping into the search bar on the top right of the page. There are many threads where people are asking about camping. Some people have done it and you might want to private message them to get more detailed information.

We don't want to book in advance, because that way you have two reach your albergue or sleeping place... We just want to ben deze to stop of we're tired or stay walking of we van do some km's... If you book on advance you don't have that option anymore. We're want to find out of there is any possibility tot stay one someone's garden with our tent....
I am thinking that you have wonderful dreams of what is, (sadly for you both) not very practical. I do hope that it does work out for you- the Camino can be a magical place where dreams can come true.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm lookong how you get in Léon, by plane, if there are camping along thé way, because we don't want you get up at 4 al tot have a place in the next albergue... All that doet of things....
We flew into Madrid and then took the train to Leon. There is also a bus.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.