• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HELP: Forgot my guide at Café Bar Bendaña in Santiago

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
If someone is in Santiago and pass Café Bar Bendaña at Rúa Nova 54 could you please go in and ask if they still have my guide. Must have left it there August 11 when I hurried to the airport buss. If they still have it i would be very very happy if it could be posted to me. I can of course pay the cost or at least give me a photo of the email address written on one of the last pages in the book. I promised a pilgrim to send some photos when her camera broke down.

Eidt: John Brierley 2015 Ed of Camino Portugués.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Beatrice, I can't help but you could try contacting them direct. The bar is on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/BarBendana

And the telephone number is tel:+34 981 55 89 25
I know.
I don't have a Facebook account. I'll try to call them but I know they speak very little English and I doubt they will send the book to me. Maybe I can get them to send a picture at least.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I really hope you get the book - do you know anyone that speaks Spanish that might be able to call them?

Oh...what guide and in what language is it? I can post on their Facebook page in English and see what happends? (I don't speak or write Spanish, though...anyone?)

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I really hope you get the book - do you know anyone that speaks Spanish that might be able to call them?
I could try my school Spanish mixed with some English. Just hoped that someone might be in the area. I can manage without the book but I have some notes in it that I was about to add to my blog today and that email address.

I sent them a message in Spanish through Facebook. If they reply to me I'll let you know, ok?
That's what I like about the Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will stop by tomorrow and ask...
Thank you so much. I sat in a chair next to their computer using the power outlet. Must have left it in the chair after writing my last blogpost. Hurrying to the airport bus. I was about to check something in the book on the bus but couldn't find it in the daypack. Though I had put it in my backpack. When I came home it wasn't there either :-(

No reply online yet... I'll keep you posted. It's really nice that Ivar offered to go there in person! :D

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you so much. I sat in a chair next to their computer using the power outlet. Must have left it in the chair after writing my last blogpost. Hurrying to the airport bus. I was about to check something in the book on the bus but couldn't find it in the daypack. Though I had put it in my backpack. When I came home it wasn't there either :-(
Was just down there. The weekend staff had no idea.. will go back on Monday.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Stopped by this morning.. and they said that they did not know of any guide. Someone else might have taken it I guess ... :(
Thanks for looking anyway.
Guess I will have to order a new one as I need it as support to fill in the blanks in my blog. I just wish I had that email address :-(

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back