A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Help please.

legsy

Camino(s) past & future
first 2/10/12 portuguese
I fly into Porto on 30/9 so whilst I was going to start on 3rd anniversary of Beryl's death on 2nd, I could start on 1st.
My return flight is 25/10.
It is my first camino. whilst I think i am fit (run 3m 3/4 times week and play 2/3 rounds of golf) I have done nothing like this
I favour the coastal route BUT want to walk in as leisurely a fashion as possible and it seems because of facilities, stages are longer.
what is the consensus view on my Camino and if anyone has time and inclination to plan a route that would be terrific.
Thanks,
David

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Hi,

Your arrival and departure dates should give you plenty of time to complete the distance between Porto and Santiago. To help you plan daily stages/distances, the Confraternity of St. James publish an on-line guide to the internal route which can be downloaded (a donation is requested) from here. Typically it takes 11/12 days to walk the inland route.

As you say, and it is my understanding also, the Coastal Route has more limited infrastructure so distances are likely to be greater each day but again perfectly achievable within your dates.

Buen Camino
Mig

legsy

Camino(s) past & future
first 2/10/12 portuguese
thanks Mig and I wish you peace and contentment.
David

renegadepilgrim

Veteran Pilgrim and Traveler
Camino(s) past & future
2010: Camino Frances, 2011: Santo Domingo de la Calzada (Hospitalera), 2012: Camino Portuguese from Porto, 2015: Camino Norte
If you do the coastal route, there are plenty of couchsurfing hosts along the way...and there are also a few albergues and some youth hostels which give a discount to pilgrims. I'll be starting a week behind you...on October 8th. Planning to do the coastal route.

legsy

Camino(s) past & future
first 2/10/12 portuguese
thanks renegade.
12 tins of beans could weigh D you down what?

legsy

Camino(s) past & future
first 2/10/12 portuguese
I guess "couchsurfing hosts" are locals who will give you a bed?
Can you share a bit more about this partic route pls REB?

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 141 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 235 25.0%