• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help request - Correos delay

AnxiousWalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello. I sent a bag via Correos for pick up in SdC but it apparently has not arrived yet and I was told to try Monday.

I'm supposed to leave tomorrow (Sunday) night. Other than to stay in SdC and wait for it to arrive, do I have any options?

I'm very anxious and gratefully welcome any suggestions.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My plans were to go to BENELUX for several days, then Berlin before leaving Europe to return home overseas.
Well I would stay in SDC until your bag shows. When do you leave Europe. Are you keen to keep BENELUX and Berlin as your destinations? What are the T and C l’s of your flight tickets ex SdC? Are you flying home from Berlin?

If you can paint broader picture of constraints and aspirations, I am sure we can help!

Last edited:
I leave Europe from Berlin next Sunday.

Everything (flights and hotels) is non-refundable so I'm looking at buying a new ticket out of SdC once the bag arrives to try to pick up my itinerary whenever I can.

I leave Europe from Berlin next Sunday.

Everything (flights and hotels) is non-refundable so I'm looking at buying a new ticket out of SdC once the bag arrives to try to pick up my itinerary whenever I can.
One more question? When is your hotel i Berlin book and why Benelux?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm booked for Berlin August 3-6.
Benelux is lovely of course but unless you have a specific reason to travel there I wpuld Focus on getting to Berlin. There is loads there and a short hop from the great cities of Leipzig, Dresden and Prague. Very easy areas to travel as it’s the heartland of Flixbus and Flixtrain.

Hopefully the bag arrives sooner rather than later to minimize my anxiety.

I have to say I wasn't expecting to outwalk the postal service, lol.

I do greatly appreciate everyone's thoughts and time.

I suppose I could see this as a form of intervention by a greater power for me to spend some more time in SdC and explore it more than I anticipated. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hopefully the bag arrives sooner rather than later to minimize my anxiety.

I have to say I wasn't expecting to outwalk the postal service, lol.
I think that it's very unusual that it's taking so long. When I shipped my bag from Irun to Casa Ivar in Santiago in 2018 I received notification the day after I sent it that it had already been delivered.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello. I sent a bag via Correos for pick up in SdC but it apparently has not arrived yet and I was told to try Monday.

I'm supposed to leave tomorrow (Sunday) night. Other than to stay in SdC and wait for it to arrive, do I have any options?

I'm very anxious and gratefully welcome any suggestions.

Correos has a track & trace system, do you have a code for your bag?

Possibly your stuff is there, check in person. Recently I renewed a passport and the tracking was messed up saying the passport was still on its way even when my bank showed that the passport office had cashed my check.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just to add some info about picking up packages sent via Paq Peregrino to the Santiago Correos office - a woman on the Camigas FB group said that the office is open to pick up 7 days a week. I email Correos to verify this information, and their response was: Yes, you can pick up your suitcase or backpack the seven days of the week, from 8.30 to 20.30.

By the way, my specific question was ¿Se puede recoger paguetes y maletas enviados como Paq Peregrino los sábados o los domingos en Santiago de Compostela?
English translation - Is it possible to collect packages and suitcases sent as Pilgrim Package on Saturdays or Sundays in Santiago de Compostela?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back