• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hiking in the heat.

planit

My daughter and I plan to hike from Santiago to Finisterre in August this year - are we mad?! Can anyone tell me whether there are daily buses between Santiago and each of the overnight stops? In particular is there a regular bus from Santiago to Olveiroa and or between Negreira and Olveiroa?

Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
planit said:
My daughter and I plan to hike from Santiago to Finisterre in August this year - are we mad?! Can anyone tell me whether there are daily buses between Santiago and each of the overnight stops? In particular is there a regular bus from Santiago to Olveiroa and or between Negreira and Olveiroa?

Thanks

Hello!

Welcome to the CSJ forum! I am certain that you will find much helpful information here as you plan your Camino.

It certainly will be warm, by not as hot in Galicia as elsewhere in Spain. It may be crowded, however.

Both Finisterre and Muxia have bus service to SdC. The Galicia Tourist Office in SdC at 130 rua de Vilar near the cathedral has a good free multilingual list of all services including the buses along the way.

Remember if you take the bus you will may not be eligible to stay in any of the pilgrim albergues along the way.

Buen Camino!

Margaret

You're not mad - others have done it as well. By that point you will have been walking several weeks, so you should have been able to adjust to the heat somewhat. Remember the basics of hot-weather hiking: plan shorter stages, get a very early start so you can take advantage of the cooler hours of the day, carry lots of water and stay hydrated.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.