• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hiking the Camino de Santiago from SJPP in April

jlietzow

Time of past OR future Camino
2022 Camino Frances
My wife and I recently retired and have been enjoying new adventures. We're planning to hike the Camino with my wife's sister this spring, starting on April 20 from SJPP.

We have experience hiking and backpacking, but have never been to Europe (we live in Ohio in the US) and never done anything as long as this before. We're looking forward to an epic adventure, meeting new people, and improving our rudimentary Spanish language skills!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome to the forum! I see that you have also put your name on the April thread and that 3 other forum members have signed up for April 20, so you are likely to meet them!

My wife and I recently retired and have been enjoying new adventures. We're planning to hike the Camino with my wife's sister this spring, starting on April 20 from SJPP.

We have experience hiking and backpacking, but have never been to Europe (we live in Ohio in the US) and never done anything as long as this before. We're looking forward to an epic adventure, meeting new people, and improving our rudimentary Spanish language skills!
Hi there & welcome to the forum. You will love The French Way! Just a note, the first stage from SJPdP is pretty tough over the Pyrenees, so give yourself plenty of time & start out early ... the views are spectacular! We were planning to carry our luggage, but it was 35° & our trek was 35kms approx, so owner of Albergue advised against it. Were we glad we listed to him! His other gold-encrusted nugget of advice were 4 words that I take with me on every Camino journey & also in everyday life since ... "Listen To Your Body"! Buen Camino to you all. It will indeed be a wonderful adventure! Enjoy every minute of every day! God Bless. 😇

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow, your first overseas trip is the walk across Spain? Buen Camino! I am almost envious of your upcoming experience. It will be absolutely wonderful and nothing like your other adventures. There's only one first-time Camino walk. I walked six times, and while all were great, there's always that first-time experience.

My daughter and I will be going on our first Camino leaving SJPdP on the 20th as well. I recently retired and we've been dong a lot of walking trying to get our miles and equipment squared away. Hope to see you there.

My wife and I are also leaving from SJPP on the 20th. Leaving the US on the 17th, spending the night of the 18th in Biarritz and the 19th in SJPP. See you on the Way.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back