• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hola hello yiassou

eirenearchos

The journey out, leads to the journey within
Time of past OR future Camino
Tui to Santiago February 2022
This is my first Camino journey even though I am older. I did not want to push myself so I am walking the last stretch of the Portuguese way from TUi to Santiago. It’s a dream come true

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This is my first Camino journey even though I am older. I did not want to push myself so I am walking the last stretch of the Portuguese way from TUi to Santiago. It’s a dream come true.
I walked up from Porto many years ago and always remember crossing that bridge. Buen Camino :)

Samarkand.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This is my first Camino journey even though I am older. I did not want to push myself so I am walking the last stretch of the Portuguese way from TUi to Santiago. It’s a dream come true
If you have the time I have an idea for you to consider. I understand you don't want to push yourself and have some trepidation. That is something I still get ever last October when I started Camino number 6.
If you want to have a wonderful camino experience and ease into walking, may I suggest starting from Porto and doing the Coastal Camino. You can walk on the boardwalk along the beautiful Portuguese coastline. There are lots of places to stay to break up the stages however you feel comfortable. It will help build up your body, help you find your walking rhythm and all the while enjoy the beauty of the coast, the wonderful seafood and Portugese food, and encounter the nicest people on earth. There will always be a pilgrim or a wonderful local person to help you along. I think the people of Portugal are the nicest and friendliest people on earth.

Check out Gronze.com on the coastal route. Just click on the arrows to see the stages. You can make any stage and distance you want. There are lots of options on places to stay. Gronze does a good job of keeping up to date on albergues that are open/closed. You could also download the free Buen Camino app that will have more places to stay and has a GPS although I think it might be impossible to get lost on the coast. If you are going in the summer maybe call ahead as there are lots of people vacationing.
Just a suggestion and buen Camino. (Oh yea if you do this spend a few days in Porto first it is a beautiful city.
The first stage in Gronze.com

Brilliant! It’s a lovely walk, I did it last year and loved it. Buen camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you have the time I have an idea for you to consider. I understand you don't want to push yourself and have some trepidation. That is something I still get ever last October when I started Camino number 6.
If you want to have a wonderful camino experience and ease into walking, may I suggest starting from Porto and doing the Coastal Camino. You can walk on the boardwalk along the beautiful Portuguese coastline. There are lots of places to stay to break up the stages however you feel comfortable. It will help build up your body, help you find your walking rhythm and all the while enjoy the beauty of the coast, the wonderful seafood and Portugese food, and encounter the nicest people on earth. There will always be a pilgrim or a wonderful local person to help you along. I think the people of Portugal are the nicest and friendliest people on earth.

Check out Gronze.com on the coastal route. Just click on the arrows to see the stages. You can make any stage and distance you want. There are lots of options on places to stay. Gronze does a good job of keeping up to date on albergues that are open/closed. You could also download the free Buen Camino app that will have more places to stay and has a GPS although I think it might be impossible to get lost on the coast. If you are going in the summer maybe call ahead as there are lots of people vacationing.
Just a suggestion and buen Camino. (Oh yea if you do this spend a few days in Porto first it is a beautiful city.
The first stage in Gronze.com
I am planning this for September, thank you for the recommendation

The walk out of Porto is certainly a great way to start a Camino if you have the extra time and as has been said the Portuguese people are so so helpful and friendly.
Bom Caminho!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.