• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Holy Week in Pamplona?

Delynda Drury

Time of past OR future Camino
My husband and I will be enjoying the Camino de Santiago (French Way) next May 2016.
After doing quite a bit of research for our Camino we have decided to move the dates up a few weeks to experience Holy Week in Pamplona. We are aware this will mean many more people but we also see this as a beautiful opportunity to be part of such a beautiful observance.
Has anyone here been in Pomplona during this time?
I've noticed some youtubes show the procession during the day as well as evening. Does this carry throughout the day?
We appreciate your shared experiences.
Thank you
(This site has been a treasure find to us)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm on my way this year, but not until late Sept. I'm overnighting in Pamplona, which is why I asked the question, so thanks for the kind response.
How exciting. I hope to get a glimpse of your journey if you choose to share.
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just to clarify, Holy Week ( Semana Santa ) Is the week immediately before Easter Sunday.
It follows on from Palm Sunday and contains Maunday Thursday, Good Friday and Easter
Saturday. Theses last three days each have special services in the Catholic Church which
collectively make up the Sacred Triduum. They are unique and very moving services,
the highlight of my year. ( The week after is Easter week ).

I was in Sahagun for Palm Sunday and joined in the procession around the town. I was offered
what I think was an olive branch and carried this on my rucksack through Holy Week. I arrived
in Leon on Tuesday in Holy Week and after seeing the procession in the evening opted to stay
in Leon for a further two days so that I could see the Wednesday and Maunday Thursday processions.
The atmosphere was fantastic and I've never witnessed processions like them before. As Leon has a large
number of churches I was able to make the Seven Visits on Maunday Thursday evening, something I'd
never done before.

Others were in Astorga and found the processions there equally moving as they said they seemed more
intimate than the ones in Leon. Some of the Spanish were saying that the "best" processions were in
Southern Spain. Either way, if you have the opportunity to be in Spain for Holy Week, take it.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back