• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotels in Santiago de Compostela

HallOfFreedom

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés April 26, 2016
Hey folks! It's been a while since I've been on here, but I'm almost ready for my first Camino! I'd like to preface this topic by saying that I DID use the search tool, but it gave me web results instead of forum results.

I am planning to reward myself for completing my Camino by staying in a nice hotel in Santiago before flying home. I would really appreciate some experienced suggestions so I can make sure I budget appropriately. If you wouldn't mind telling me what you liked about where you stayed that would be great too.

Thanks in advance!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It depends on your definition of nice. As I noted in the earlier thread I love San Martin as low cost, near the cathedral option. But I also love the Parador (which I didn't mention in that thread). Beautiful historic building with lots of exploration space, wonderful breakfast with a view of the plaza. Price varies a lot! Try to get the pilgrim rate.

The Rosa Rosae, I have just added it to the other thread. The first picture is not very inspiring and the entrance is 'round the back' of the view given off the stret. Very nice inside and very friendly.

Like some of the others, I am a convert to the albergue part of San Martin Pinario, whose level of comfort seems just perfect to me after being on the camino. I love the clean sheets and towels, the private bath, but don't want anything too luxurious. For years, before my conversion to San Martin Pinario, I stayed in the Costa Vella. It is a wonderful family run hotel (they own two others within walking distance and can put you there if the rooms at the Costa Vella are full). It's in an old stone building, but the real attraction is its fabulous garden for breakfast, drinks during the day, etc. It is really a great place.

http://www.costavella.com

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have stayed in the Parador, room we had was a bit small, but since have stayed in the Miradoiro de Belvis which is near the old market and not far from the Cathedral. Save your pennies, but splash out and wine and dine at the Parador (and have Coquilles St Jacques!).

I love the former monastery, Hospederia San Martin Pinario, for its architectural style, the peregrino atmosphere, including a lovely lounge area with a bar, the location (across from one side of the cathedral), the breakfast that is included. There are two options: you can stay in a pilgrim room (private bath, sheets, etc.) or you can stay in a hotel room with private bath (very charming with a luxury feel to it even though it was originally a monk's room). I have stayed in both types. If you can afford the hotel room (67 euros for a double, not sure about the cost for a single), it's a real treat.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back