• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How come ?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
How come when I have decided what pair of boots I want they never appear in any sale ?
Its what we in Australia would describe as "Murphy's Law"! Now as to who Murphy was I can not recall. All I can suggest is "keep your eyes open"; ask family & friends to join the search. The wider the network the more likely the chance of success. Buen Camino!

know how you feel..
what is your geographical position and how far are you willing to search !?
That is if you know your fit and is resolved to that specific brand & size !??

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
And if you find a pair that's perfect--especially if they are on sale--get at least 2 pair. Because I guarantee it that when the first pair wears out, the model will already have been discontinued and will be totally unavailable, except through Forum friends in far places. I speak from sad experience--though I have to say buying shoes this way was a novel way of making new friends (a grateful shout-out to @Giselleontour , who went above and beyond to help!).

How come when I have decided what pair of boots I want they never appear in any sale ?

Easy , just make the decision to buy them , take out the money go to the shop then Don't buy them . It is almost a given that the needed item will be in a 50% off sale within a week .
Sounds crazy , what this procedure does is confuse your Imp of the Perverse, sometimes referred to as a Cosmic Joker . A nasty little so and so ,we all have one and they make our lives a misery , hiding spectacles and small and vital instrument parts , making parking lots appear full until you have just passed a prime space and a host of other nasty pranks .
One has even made an empty toilet roll appear full in our home on many occasions , I believe they sometimes create unholy alliances with domestic cats, beware if this is the case you may experience double the grief:).

Easy , just make the decision to buy them , take out the money go to the shop then Don't buy them . It is almost a given that the needed item will be in a 50% off sale within a week .
Or buy them but don't wear them, and when the sale happens two weeks later, go back with the unworn boots and get them at the lower price.
Imp of the Perverse, sometimes referred to as a Cosmic Joker .
Ah, yes, those little creatures! One of those gremlins took my Brierley guide, also known as my camino reference book, when I moved a few months ago, and the little beast still has it. :mad::mad:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
know how you feel..
what is your geographical position and how far are you willing to search !?
That is if you know your fit and is resolved to that specific brand & size !??
In the UK looking for Meindl Bhutan best i can find is 157 quid but just seen with Go Outdoors they will price match plus -%10 (need to buy discount card for a fiver)

Most read last week in this forum

Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
All I’ve seen this advertised here on the site and wondered if anyone had used one and what’s the experience. I’m follically challenged Irish guy so fair complexion but I also get very hot with...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
My husband and I will be walking our first camino from SJPP to Santiago, then on to Finisterre and Muxia starting on Sep 7. We are slow walkers and plan to take some rest days, so we are planning...
Hello all. I am planning my first camino end of May. fly into Porto and head north. I plan on staying in Albergos and had a few questions. Should I being my own towel? How far in advance do I...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.