• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How should we pronounce Ivar?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I watch your wonderful posts every Monday, or this week Tuesday, and you never introduce yourself. I wonder how to say your name, Ivar. And I want to thank you for all you do for the pilgrim community. I hope to meet you someday.
And more importantly, is he related to Ivar's Chowder?

I watch your wonderful posts every Monday, or this week Tuesday, and you never introduce yourself. I wonder how to say your name, Ivar. And I want to thank you for all you do for the pilgrim community. I hope to meet you someday.

I have heard Ivar introduced on a few different videos now, and one kind of “ted Talk” type thing — it begins with a sound like Yves and then ahr. Evahr Rek- vé. With apologies to linguists for my orthographie.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Maybe like the Mel Brooks film "Young Frankenstein": EYE-gor.
Lol, I don't know, I just love that movie.

Yes of course. I was mostly joking about the movie
I am looking at a theater poster from the movie right now. I thought the same thing. I'd be remiss in my fandom of both the movie and the Camino if I didn't say,

"Walk this way."

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am looking at a theater poster from the movie right now. I thought the same thing. I'd be remiss in my fandom of both the movie and the Camino if I didn't say,

"Walk this way."
Wasn’t the hump on the other side a minute ago?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Good question as I Canadian I pronounce it I-ver but using the proper pronunciation would be better