• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to add a link to a previous thread

Time of past OR future Camino
Inglès April 2023
Primitivo July 2023
Ok folks, this one has me beat. I have searched and searched, but I can't find the answer to this - @dougfitz I am not!
How do I add a link to a previous thread? I've tried several things, but whilst I can add something from an external source, I can't figure this out. I'm sure it's really easy, but.....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Yes, you need to go to the thread and the post that you want to link (to be sure you get the right post, click on the post# at the right; then copy the URL on your browser.) Having done that, in the new post you are writing, highlight the words you want to link to, then click on the chain link, and paste the URL. Click "Insert" and you are done.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This is above and beyond what you asked but sometimes I use the forum search facility to get a post or thread of interest and copy the URL as given above. But if I also wanted to send in a snippet of the post also that would mean:
Use search
Get URL
Return to post that I want the link on
Do search again
Get snippet
Return to post that I want the link and snippet on

That's too much work. I usually have a tab for normal use of the forum and an extra one to do searches. That way I do one search and just switch between tabs.

That's too much work. I usually have a tab for normal use of the forum and an extra one to do searches. That way I do one search and just switch between tabs.
Only two tabs at a time? You need to up your game! I've currently got 6 open tabs.😄
I go to the "new posts" then open all of the posts that I want to read - each in their own tab, and simply close each tab after I read that post.

It's also possible to quote a post from another thread, rather than post the link to the thread.

Here's a quote from this thread:

I've cleared out the discussion once I incorporated details into the OP, and moved some posts to a new thread on Forum tips - Resources section.

If you have more questions about how to manage "Your account" on the forum, please ask below.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am following the instructions about editing my ACCOUNT DETAILS since I want to change the year of my past/present Camino/s but when I go to this page, the Past/Present Camino/s option is...
Is it possible to private message other members? I have tried clicking on the name of the person I’d like to message (a mod, to ask when the monthly start date threads are posted) but all I see is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.