• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to add a camino to the list under my avatar, and how to add a signature

sprinto

Time of past OR future Camino
Working on it
Hi
Must be being a bit thick here but I want to add another camino to my list and cannot seem to find out how to do this.
Could anyone please help

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you want to change the text under "Time of past OR future Camino:" you need to click on your user name in the menu at the top of your screen, select "Account details", and scroll to the bottom of the screen. However there is a limit to how many characters you can enter.

A better place to give a list of the caminos you have walked is in your "Signature" - also under Account details.

You will see some people have a long list under their avatars and "Time of past OR future Camino" They created that list before the character limit was introduced, and you can see that it takes up a lot of space on the page, even if they only make a one-line post. We encourage them to move the list over to their Signature, and keep that signature to about 350 characters (3 lines or so). Otherwise the list tends to dominate the page!

Obviously very simple here
Where is the signature bit because cannot find it 😞

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You will see some people have a long list under their avatars and "Time of past OR future Camino" They created that list before the character limit was introduced, and you can see that it takes up a lot of space on the page, even if they only make a one-line post. We encourage them to move the list over to their Signature, and keep that signature to about 350 characters (3 lines or so). Otherwise the list tends to dominate the page!
That was me! Sorry, somehow I missed the encouragement to change, but I've now done so.

I've edited my signature (for the first time) with a list of my caminos. I just want to see how my signature appears, as I've never noticed it before.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm wondering if there is a way to see signatures in the mobile version of the site:

Attachments

• 1000041218.jpg
    1000041218.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 46
Hmmmm, I see no list of Caminos

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Last edited:
I would never have guessed! How do people like Rick of Rick and Peg know such things? And, even more amazingly, remember such things? And how would anyone know that a signature would not show on a mobile? Well, my post may have served as a reminder for others tempted to try something, and a notice for those who were not aware of the sand-box.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You can choose the desktop version in your mobile browser settings if you want to see the forum in that format. It involves a lot of annoying sideways scrolling though.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Two recent threads have now been merged, and the title modified, to cover the topic of signatures in a single thread.
I just want to see how my signature appears, as I've never noticed it before.
You didn't need to start a new thread to check this. You could just look at any post you have made in the past, as it will display now with your new signature.
They don't show on mobiles by design.
Try turning the phone sideways.

Thank you for asking that question! I was finally able to put my Camino dates in my profile! I guess I'm a little computer illiterate too!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
On my phone, turning sideways reveals the signatures, but not the "Time of past OR..." field under the avatars.
I can see both when I turn mine sideways. I thought that it might be a browser issue, but it's the same in both Firefox and Chrome.

Last edited:
On a slightly different tack but still on admin matters, and not important, but I am wondering why I’m still called a new member, having signed up in 2016…?

On a slightly different tack but still on admin matters, and not important, but I am wondering why I’m still called a new member, having signed up in 2016…?
It has to do with your total number of posts, not when you signed up. You can go into your account details and give yourself a custom title if you want. There's a box under Avatar to do this.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well
I managed to sort how to add to my signature but as others nothing happens when I rotate my phone 😯

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well
I managed to sort how to add to my signature but as others nothing happens when I rotate my phone 😯
Edit: Looks like I goofed. I do see it now. Ignore the below.

The mystery deepens. Vertically my phone doesn't show signatures; horizontally it shows mine and others but not yours.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It has to do with your total number of posts, not when you signed up. You can go into your account details and give yourself a custom title if you want. There's a box under Avatar to do this.
Thanks. That explains it. I’ll have to be more communicative!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am following the instructions about editing my ACCOUNT DETAILS since I want to change the year of my past/present Camino/s but when I go to this page, the Past/Present Camino/s option is...
Is it possible to private message other members? I have tried clicking on the name of the person I’d like to message (a mod, to ask when the monthly start date threads are posted) but all I see is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.