How to add your Camino to the New Camino Calendar

2018 edition Camino Guides

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Dear all,

Adding your date to this calendar is a two step process:
  1. Start a new thread (maybe in the Camino Introduction section?) announcing your Camino with as much/little information that you feel comfortable with.
  2. Once the thread has been posted, click the "Threads Tools" drop down, just over (to the right) of your initial posts and select "Calendar Add".
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 22.31.51.png

3. You then enter the start date of your Camino and press "Submit" to add it to the Calendar.
This will create a link in the Calendar (on your date) to the Thread you created about your camino plans.

If people thinks this is an easier way comparted to the old calendar, I will disconitnue the old calendar in a few weeks. If this happens, dates entered in the old calendar will be lost (there are not many).

Please let me know what you think.

Happy holidays and a happy new year!!
Ivar

Last edited:

Advertisment

WldWil

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPDP - Halfway
2016 Fromista - The other half
I just noticed the calendar button for the first time today and this was my first search looking for more information so I will have to try it out.

For the more simple minded people like myself, the thread tools shows up on a brand new post, not in response to one. Cool feature.

Last edited:

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
HELP! OK would some one please tell me what I am doing wrong, or not doing correctly. No matter where I look, click on, hover over I can not bring up the "Thread Tools" link. The advise/instructions that it is " to the right of " your initial post" brings no success. So would some one send me a screen shot of what I am supposed to looking at/for. Thanks in advance.
It only shows up on threads you have started yourself.

Advertisment

Saint Mike II

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean 2017.
It only shows up on threads you have started yourself.
Alright - but that little fact seems to have been omitted from the instructions. So if I want something posted on the Camino Calendar I have start a "new post"- seems like re-inventing the wheel when "tagging" would be a lot simpler/easier (at least from my point of view). Cheers

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Alright - but that little fact seems to have been omitted from the instructions. So if I want something posted on the Camino Calendar I have start a "new post"- seems like re-inventing the wheel when "tagging" would be a lot simpler/easier (at least from my point of view). Cheers
I agree.. the instructions was a bit confusing... I updated it now.

The plugin I use works like this, it would be quite a bit of work for me to re-write the whole thing... so hopefully we can work with this.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Stephen Nicholls

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC [2011]
Salamanca to SdC [2012]
Lisbon to Porto [2013]
Camino Ingles [2014]
Ruta del Ebro [2015]
Sureste [2016 aborted.]
Finisterre [2016]
[My final Camino.]
All too complicated for an old-timer :(.
I'd prefer to click on the date and just enter text. Maybe a box could come up with basic headings - all optional - "Start location: Name: Home location: Number of days [anticipated]: final destination if not SdC." something along those lines.
Thanks to Ivar for all the hard work you put into this forum, which provides so much help and information.
Buen camino from an old timer [who's still trying to work out how to use his iPhone] .....

Robo

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
Alone.
------------------------------
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
with my wife Pat.
------------------------------
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
together again :-)

Stephen Nicholls

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC [2011]
Salamanca to SdC [2012]
Lisbon to Porto [2013]
Camino Ingles [2014]
Ruta del Ebro [2015]
Sureste [2016 aborted.]
Finisterre [2016]
[My final Camino.]

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: CF winter 2016/17

Now: http://egeria.house/
No, I mean the email in your forum signature, the one that is shown publicly below every post you write, SY

Camino(s) past & future
plan to go May 2015
Dear all,

1. Start a new thread (maybe in the Camino Introduction section?) announcing your Camino with as much/little information that you feel comfortable with.
  2. Once the thread has been posted, click the "Threads Tools" drop down, just over (to the right) of your initial posts and select "Calendar Add".
    View attachment 15493
  3. You then enter the start date of your Camino and press "Submit" to add it to the Calendar.
This will create a link in the Calendar (on your date) to the Thread you created about your camino plans.

If people thinks this is an easier way comparted to the old calendar, I will disconitnue the old calendar in a few weeks. If this happens, dates entered in the old calendar will be lost (there are not many).

Ivar
hi I followed all your instructions but it does not show on the calendar . Any suggestions

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Dear all,

View attachment 15493

Ivar
Worked great , thanks Ivar .

C clearly

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
I like this method. I just happened to look at the calendar yesterday, saw a link in a date, clicked it and discovered a good thread of introduction that I had missed and that had long disappeared from view. As that date approaches, probably more people will join in to update plans for that date.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: CF winter 2016/17

Now: http://egeria.house/
@ivar Can you put the short version of the instructions also on top of the calendar board? Pretty please and many thanks! SY

lady danglebury

Louise Edinburgh
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015; finnesterre 2015; CP from porto 2016; Frances 2017; Mozarabe Feb 2018; CP Sept 2018
Dear all,

View attachment 15493

Ivar
This is much more difficult been trying for ages and just saw your thread And now I try to start one and it says new topic, is that the same? Also, maybe consider different calendar for Portuguese?

Stephen Nicholls

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC [2011]
Salamanca to SdC [2012]
Lisbon to Porto [2013]
Camino Ingles [2014]
Ruta del Ebro [2015]
Sureste [2016 aborted.]
Finisterre [2016]
[My final Camino.]

JNast

Camino(s) past & future
Planned August 21-Oct 10 (2017)
Awesome! Looking forward to creating my post and adding to the calendar

Sheena

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de France (2015), Portuguese Coastal (2016), Ingles (2017), Senda Littoral (2018)
Good morning Ivar.
There are still quite a few things missing from the Calendar.
May 2018 is completely blank.
My own post there is missing plus several others.
Hope you can fix it.
Thanks.
Sheena

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (May-July 2017)
Camino Primitivo (May-June 2018)
May 2018 is completely blank.
There are some entries for May now - not sure if yours is there or not.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 10.45.09.png

The calendar is a great idea and it's easy to add something to it but a small issue I have is that when someone enters a start date and an end date, the link to their post appears every day in between. I think this will clog up the calendar a lot and doesn't really help people find other pilgrims starting around the same time and from the same place as them.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
ivar Announcements 0
ivar Announcements 9
C Announcements 1
O Announcements 0
ivar Announcements 0

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • April

Votes: 44 18.3%
  • May

Votes: 54 22.5%
  • June