A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

I bought my ticket!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Hello all,

I just purchased my ticket...October 8TH-23RD: next month.

The first two days and last two are travel days leaving me twelve walking days.

I will walk the last 100kms Sarria to Santiago during that time. If I can walk faster then I may attempt walking on to Muxía.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2017), Primitivo (2019)
Hello all,

I will walk the last 100kms Sarria to Santiago during that time. If I can walk faster then I may attempt walking on to Muxía.

I’ve had to mourn the loss of the women who just five years ago averaged 30kms a day, winter camino 2014 SJPP to Fisterra, and same distances on all previous caminos.

With continued chemical remission, dietary, change and exercise she may return. But, for now, I have to work with who I am just now.

Barring a miracle, the autoimmune illness with which I was diagnosed four years ago is not going away, so I’m walking.

I was set on life-saving diagnosis trail a few months after completing camino number four, winter 2014, so I’m walking.

Okay my size 2/3/4 figure gave way to size 16, well 16/18 on a 5’2” frame, via 18 months on steroids.

I used to look like the small shapely Rootbeer bottle, now I resemble the 2L one: short, fat, brown, and round. But, I’m walking.

I have been medically stable for a year and a half, so I’m walking: as a fat woman.

These past six months I’ve dreamed of my perfect next camino Lourdes to SJPP to Muxía, with my perfect figure and so on. In time that will come.

But, for now I will walk what I can and thank Santiago for calling me to him once again.

I decided I would rather use 12 days to walk a 100 kilometers than continue giving buen caminos to others from my bed.
Congratulations on working with what you have! It’s the only option we really have, and your candor and optimism are a guide for us all.
Buen Camino !!
I just finished the Primitivo today, which was wonderful! I wish you all the best

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Congratulations on working with what you have! It’s the only option we really have, and your candor and optimism are a guide for us all.
Buen Camino !!
I just finished the Primitivo today, which was wonderful! I wish you all the best
Congratulations!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese 2018
Camino Ingles, Caminos Muxia and Finisterre 2019
Buen camino and thank you for your post. I will be finishing my time on CI then Fisterra just as you start so I'll hold back some nice weather for you.

D

Deleted member 67185

Hello all,

I’ve had to mourn the loss of the women who just five years ago averaged 30kms a day, winter camino 2014 SJPP to Fisterra, and same distances on all previous caminos.

With continued chemical remission, dietary, change and exercise she may return. But, for now, I have to work with who I am just now.

Barring a miracle, the autoimmune illness with which I was diagnosed four years ago is not going away, so I’m walking.

I was set on life-saving diagnosis trail a few months after completing camino number four, winter 2014, so I’m walking.

Okay my size 2/3/4 figure gave way to size 16, well 16/18 on a 5’2” frame, via 18 months on steroids.

I used to look like the small shapely Rootbeer bottle, now I resemble the 2L one: short, fat, brown, and round. But, I’m walking.

I have been medically stable for a year and a half, so I’m walking: as a fat woman.

These past six months I’ve dreamed of my perfect next camino Lourdes to SJPP to Muxía, with my perfect figure and so on. In time that will come.

But, for now I will walk what I can and thank Santiago for calling me to him once again.

I decided I would rather use 12 days to walk a 100 kilometers than continue giving buen caminos to others from my bed.
Bless your heart for courageously dealing with your illness and the changes it has dumped on you. Giving in and simply giving up is sooo tempting and easy to do, but your decision to take control and move forward is inspirational.

Jill and I will be on Camino Ingles during the same time frame, and we will be in SdC on October 22 and 23, so it looks like we will just miss you. I wish our paths would have been able to cross :)

I will look forward to reading about how things went for you. You are in my prayers, as I am sure you are with so many other Forum members.
- - Dave

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Dearest NYC,
I am so happy for you to be doing a camino! ANY Camino is a wonderful thing! I am sooo very happy for you, my friend!!! Thank you for sharing this with us!
All the best to you and hope you keep posting while you are away, both here and on the special thread we share as besties on the Not! 😚

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Hello all,

I am very happy to read your news, and wish you the very best of caminos. Are you going directly to Spain, or dipping down anywhere before or after? Let me know...

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I am very happy to read your news, and wish you the very best of caminos. Are you going directly to Spain, or dipping down anywhere before or after? Let me know...
Straight there and back.

I have too many responsibilities to do otherwise.

Can’t wear out my cousin, my mom’s caretaker, while I am gone.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Bless your heart for courageously dealing with your illness and the changes it has dumped on you. Giving in and simply giving up is sooo tempting and easy to do, but your decision to take control and move forward is inspirational.

Jill and I will be on Camino Ingles during the same time frame, and we will be in SdC on October 22 and 23, so it looks like we will just miss you. I wish our paths would have been able to cross :)

I will look forward to reading about how things went for you. You are in my prayers, as I am sure you are with so many other Forum members.
- - Dave
I pray Jill is still bugging you with questions.

Enjoy the way you two.

Buen camino.

Rsmith

Camino(s) past & future
Hello all,

All the best

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
Hello all,

i started typing, deleted three times and don’t really know what to say - other than that your head’s clearly in a good place. I hope you have another great experience. Arriving in Santiago may well mean more to you than most.

Last edited:

Paladina

old woman of the roads
Camino(s) past & future
CF, primitivo & del norte (2017); VdlP/Sanabres, ingles etc (2018), Mozarabe etc (2019), tbc (2020)
Looks are a lot less important than outlook, and yours is radiant. May this be your most rewarding pilgrimage to date!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
Hello all,

I hope you get to walk to Muxia. I would like to do it if I have time after my Camino starting at the end of October. My daughter is also going to meet me in Santiago. She goes to graduate school in England. She isn't sure if she wants to walk and she is my angel and whatever my princess wants. It is a dream of mine to one day walk with one of my girls. What could be better than that????

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
Looks are a lot less important than outlook, and yours is radiant. May this be your most rewarding pilgrimage to date!
Once I had a six-pack, now I have a barrel. Ironic that it’s mainly down to beer.

The OP is in a great place and will be fine.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Woooo hooo, @nycwalking !! 🥳
I am rejoicing in your good news.
It's very well deserved.
And who cares what you look like or how far you walk? Your huge heart and fabulous attitude are the only things that count.
I am so very glad you are walking, no matter what.
Buen camino peregrina!

MethaV

Camino(s) past & future
2014 Camino Frances
2017 Le Puy en Velay-Cahors
2018 Cahors-SJPdP
Le Chemin Piemont Pyrénéen (2019)
Hello all,

Sounds great! I did the Camino Frances in 2014. This year I'm working on the Piemont Pyrénées. Did the first part this spring, and will go to Lourdes to start the very last part to SJPdP from 18th of September.
Buon Camino!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Well, I am all about telling the truth.

I’m rethinking this camino.

I never been so wishy washy about going on the way.

I’ll keep you wonderful supportive pilgrims posted.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Well, I am all about telling the truth.

I’m rethinking this camino.

I never been so wishy washy about going on the way.

I’ll keep you wonderful supportive pilgrims posted.
What??? If your ticket was purchased, whatcha gonna do instead?

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock