• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

i need to ask...

heavenlee200

I just came across Santiago pilgrimage few weeks ago, and thinking about making a plan to take this trip by 8/19 this year. I have heard many people have plan for this for a year or so. I am just now gathering information little by little. do any one think this is too short for to plan for trip like this?

also i am a 24yr old girl who have never traveled alone or backpacking in my life. but planning to do this alone. What does other people think?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Fly, bus, or train to SJPP and start walking.
It's that simple.
The only planning you need is buying your equipment and there are a lot of threads on here about that.
Buen Camino!

HeavenLee - dive in, just dive in. When you come up for air you will find yourself swimming along.

All is well - go for it!

Buen Camino :wink:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
i am a 24yr old girl who have never traveled alone or backpacking in my life. but planning to do this alone
Enthusiasm is great, but as a practical matter, walking a pilgrimage is not easy, though the Portugues is not as demanding as some others. The information on your background is too sketchy to get customized advice. If you want something more than encouragement, perhaps you can provide more information on your health, physical fitness, etc.

Buen camino!

heavenlee200 said:
...i am a 24yr old girl who have never traveled alone or backpacking in my life. but planning to do this alone. What does other people think?
It will be difficult to be alone on your journey! But to tranquilize you, you should check the search option of our Forum "travelling alone" or the key words which are appropriate for your queries, and you'll find a host of answers.
We have some members who say "just do it", but adequate preparation is a wise advice. :D

Hi heavenlee,
It's an amazing journey to make. Although I haven't yet done Camino Portuguese, I'm sure it will be equally satisfying experience, but I'm sure quite different. Just watch your packing weight, and have some quality shoes . . . get them soon and wear them in

I'll be starting Camino Portuguese on August 12, staying at Dixo's Oporto Hostel the night before. You're welcome to walk a few days with me until you get used to it.

Whatever / whenever you decide, you will have an amazing experience. Stop by http://www.csj.org.uk and pick up one of Johns guides, they are well worth the small cost!

Take care, best wishes

Richie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Heavenlee!
You don't say where you plan to start??
I have only done the Portugues from Oporto, which is fairly uncomplicated, if you are thinking of starting from Lisbon I think it is a little more difficult.

also i am a 24yr old girl who have never traveled alone or backpacking in my life. but planning to do this alone. What does other people think?

Now I am well over 24 and had frequently travelled alone but I had never back-packed or slept in hostels/albergues. This is a real experience but not difficult, the first night gave me some anxiety, mostly about how the bathroom space would work on my first morning :) Surprisingly enough it does :) I would suggest spending your first night in Lisbon/Oporto in a hostel, something like hostalbookerscom. will give you something, it is a gentle break in to the larger style dormitories that you will come across on the way.
Even if you walk alone you will soon find that you are meeting the same people every night and that you make friends with the group, especially on the Portugues, where you are restricted with albergues. It is a lovely walk, look at the different threads, there is loads of information here.
Bom caminho
Sue

thank you guys all! i am going back to school in September so although i would like to travel longer,I think i might be just travel for 13days starting at Oporto. I am some what athletic... but building up doing crossfit. as time comes closer to jump in plane to spain, I feel mentally ready for this trip, not saying i have complete information on it, but not-knowing what and who i will meet excites me more than being anxious. Thanks you for all the good advise! :D :D :D

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back