i need to ask...

heavenlee200

Jul 16, 2012
I just came across Santiago pilgrimage few weeks ago, and thinking about making a plan to take this trip by 8/19 this year. I have heard many people have plan for this for a year or so. I am just now gathering information little by little. do any one think this is too short for to plan for trip like this?

also i am a 24yr old girl who have never traveled alone or backpacking in my life. but planning to do this alone. What does other people think?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
D

Deleted member 3000

i am a 24yr old girl who have never traveled alone or backpacking in my life. but planning to do this alone
Enthusiasm is great, but as a practical matter, walking a pilgrimage is not easy, though the Portugues is not as demanding as some others. The information on your background is too sketchy to get customized advice. If you want something more than encouragement, perhaps you can provide more information on your health, physical fitness, etc.

Buen camino!

fraluchi

RIP 2019
Dec 24, 2007
Costa Rica
www.gumbolimbo.net
Time of past OR future Camino
One every year since 2007
heavenlee200 said:
...i am a 24yr old girl who have never traveled alone or backpacking in my life. but planning to do this alone. What does other people think?
It will be difficult to be alone on your journey! But to tranquilize you, you should check the search option of our Forum "travelling alone" or the key words which are appropriate for your queries, and you'll find a host of answers.
We have some members who say "just do it", but adequate preparation is a wise advice. :D

richie_a

Jun 11, 2012
Lorne, Australia
Hi heavenlee,
It's an amazing journey to make. Although I haven't yet done Camino Portuguese, I'm sure it will be equally satisfying experience, but I'm sure quite different. Just watch your packing weight, and have some quality shoes . . . get them soon and wear them in

I'll be starting Camino Portuguese on August 12, staying at Dixo's Oporto Hostel the night before. You're welcome to walk a few days with me until you get used to it.

Whatever / whenever you decide, you will have an amazing experience. Stop by http://www.csj.org.uk and pick up one of Johns guides, they are well worth the small cost!

Take care, best wishes

Richie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

sulu

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2010
Galicia, Spain
notdunroaminyet.blogspot.com
Time of past OR future Camino
a few since 2010
Hi Heavenlee!
You don't say where you plan to start??
I have only done the Portugues from Oporto, which is fairly uncomplicated, if you are thinking of starting from Lisbon I think it is a little more difficult.

also i am a 24yr old girl who have never traveled alone or backpacking in my life. but planning to do this alone. What does other people think?

Now I am well over 24 and had frequently travelled alone but I had never back-packed or slept in hostels/albergues. This is a real experience but not difficult, the first night gave me some anxiety, mostly about how the bathroom space would work on my first morning :) Surprisingly enough it does :) I would suggest spending your first night in Lisbon/Oporto in a hostel, something like hostalbookerscom. will give you something, it is a gentle break in to the larger style dormitories that you will come across on the way.
Even if you walk alone you will soon find that you are meeting the same people every night and that you make friends with the group, especially on the Portugues, where you are restricted with albergues. It is a lovely walk, look at the different threads, there is loads of information here.
Bom caminho
Sue

heavenlee200

Jul 16, 2012
thank you guys all! i am going back to school in September so although i would like to travel longer,I think i might be just travel for 13days starting at Oporto. I am some what athletic... but building up doing crossfit. as time comes closer to jump in plane to spain, I feel mentally ready for this trip, not saying i have complete information on it, but not-knowing what and who i will meet excites me more than being anxious. Thanks you for all the good advise! :D :D :D

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Dear all, I have not stayed at this place myself, but I just had a pilgrim in my office telling me about a really bad experience here. Bad enough that I feel I should let people know. Doing a...
We are starting to walk the Camino from Lisboa at the end of May. We believe we have two option if we want to walk the Camino Portugeese from Lisboa and to visit Fatima on our Camino, (1) I...
I am looking to walk the Camino Portuguese next spring. It seems as though many start in Porto instead of Lisbon. I would like to have a longer Camino — so the question is - what is the Lisbon to...
We are starting our 2nd Camino at the end of May starting is Lisboa (Last year we walked the Camino Frances). We believe that this part of the camino starting from Lisboa is less supported than...
Hello, I am walking the Portuguese Central starting in Porto on July 24. I have read that many people consider the first day out of Porto to be unpleasant because it is too much in the city...
Has anyone found a spreadsheet planning tool to plan stages for Camino Portugues. I am not sure yet which route I will take but likely to be a mixture. I used one for the Camino Francais which was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides