• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If Yogi Berra Had Walked The Camino He Might Have Said...

PMSLAW

Retired Lawyer
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2013), Portuguese (2018 & 2022)
Yogi Berra is a famous American baseball played. He played for the New York Yankees in the 40's, 50's, and 60's. His often quoted "Yogi-isms" are surprisingly relevant to the Camino, with few modifications. Here are a couple. Do you have any?

The Camino is 90 percent physical. The other half is mental.

You can see a lot by just looking.

No one goes to that Albergue anymore. It's always too crowded.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Here´s a few more.........

"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
"Yeah, but we're making great time!" -- In reply to "Hey Yogi, I think we're lost."

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I LOVE these cuz they are all so TRUE!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
"It ain’t over till it’s over" - and in the case of many, the Camino is NEVER over - even years after your Camino experiences.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just one of the famous quotes from one of our football (soccer) players, adapted for Camino:

"While walking the Camino I've hurt my knee. The one on my leg."

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just got another one:
"It's always worse before it gets better."

Really like that one. So true. Similar to:

- Why are gypsies (romes) smiling when it rains?
- Because they know the sun will shine afterwards.

Hahaha, PMSLAW, apropos your first quote in the last post I have to reveal one of my mom's (of course adapted for Camino). She really became kind of a philosopher after three wins over cancer. She had also walked St.Jean - Logrono in 2009 with me.

"When walking the Camino you can make yourself miserable or strong. But the amount of walking will be still the same."

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hahaha, PMSLAW, apropos your first quote in the last post I have to reveal one of my mom's (of course adapted for Camino). She really became kind of a philosopher after three wins over cancer. She had also walked St.Jean - Logrono in 2009 with me.

"When walking the Camino you can make yourself miserable or strong. But the amount of walking will be still the same."
Blessings to your Mother, and to those she holds dear!!

If Yogi Berra would liked milk-shake maybe he may want to feed one of those rubias gallegas with snow.

On the rock below the lighthouse at Cabo de Finisterre after finishing the Camino.
- left foot says to the right foot: "Now I have enough. It’s finished between us!"

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yogi remarks on walking the Meseta: "It ain't the heat, it's the humility."

Yogi on some Camino beginners: "There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em."

Yogi or finding Camino companions: "Pair up in threes."

Yogi on the "km yet to go" post leaving SJPP: "It's pretty far, but it doesn't seem like it."

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Who said he had died? If you gotta wait till you die to rest in peace....... life ain´t worth living don´t you think?;)

Buen Camino!

Y.B. sitting in Plaza do Obradoiro (or any other Plaza) watching older woman:
"Throwing grain is in vain. The square belongs to pidgeons."

But maybe he should say "to pilgrims" ;)

€46,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
For those racing to their next destination...”You can observe a lot just by watching.”

“We’re lost but making good time!” On occasion I have experienced this!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back