• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If Yogi Berra Had Walked The Camino He Might Have Said...

PMSLAW

Retired Lawyer
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2013), Portuguese (2018 & 2022)
Yogi Berra is a famous American baseball played. He played for the New York Yankees in the 40's, 50's, and 60's. His often quoted "Yogi-isms" are surprisingly relevant to the Camino, with few modifications. Here are a couple. Do you have any?

The Camino is 90 percent physical. The other half is mental.

You can see a lot by just looking.

No one goes to that Albergue anymore. It's always too crowded.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Here´s a few more.........

"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
"Yeah, but we're making great time!" -- In reply to "Hey Yogi, I think we're lost."

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I LOVE these cuz they are all so TRUE!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
"It ain’t over till it’s over" - and in the case of many, the Camino is NEVER over - even years after your Camino experiences.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just one of the famous quotes from one of our football (soccer) players, adapted for Camino:

"While walking the Camino I've hurt my knee. The one on my leg."

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just got another one:
"It's always worse before it gets better."

Really like that one. So true. Similar to:

- Why are gypsies (romes) smiling when it rains?
- Because they know the sun will shine afterwards.

Hahaha, PMSLAW, apropos your first quote in the last post I have to reveal one of my mom's (of course adapted for Camino). She really became kind of a philosopher after three wins over cancer. She had also walked St.Jean - Logrono in 2009 with me.

"When walking the Camino you can make yourself miserable or strong. But the amount of walking will be still the same."

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hahaha, PMSLAW, apropos your first quote in the last post I have to reveal one of my mom's (of course adapted for Camino). She really became kind of a philosopher after three wins over cancer. She had also walked St.Jean - Logrono in 2009 with me.

"When walking the Camino you can make yourself miserable or strong. But the amount of walking will be still the same."
Blessings to your Mother, and to those she holds dear!!

If Yogi Berra would liked milk-shake maybe he may want to feed one of those rubias gallegas with snow.

On the rock below the lighthouse at Cabo de Finisterre after finishing the Camino.
- left foot says to the right foot: "Now I have enough. It’s finished between us!"

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yogi remarks on walking the Meseta: "It ain't the heat, it's the humility."

Yogi on some Camino beginners: "There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em."

Yogi or finding Camino companions: "Pair up in threes."

Yogi on the "km yet to go" post leaving SJPP: "It's pretty far, but it doesn't seem like it."

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Who said he had died? If you gotta wait till you die to rest in peace....... life ain´t worth living don´t you think?;)

Buen Camino!

Y.B. sitting in Plaza do Obradoiro (or any other Plaza) watching older woman:
"Throwing grain is in vain. The square belongs to pidgeons."

But maybe he should say "to pilgrims" ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
For those racing to their next destination...”You can observe a lot just by watching.”

“We’re lost but making good time!” On occasion I have experienced this!

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Can anyone tell me if food is available there… anyone stayed recently? Cheers

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back