A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

I'm Taking a Group for Holy Year! - Back on the Camino!

0 Euro Camino Bank Note
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route.
Well, Joe and I talked and we've decided to walk again in 2021.
I've had several people inquire, and already have two reserved spots.

We will each take a small group of 7 and will walk in the month of May.
I am spending the day rebuilding the website.
The new web address is www.anniewalkers.com
It should be completely updated by end of week.

The price listed is rather high right now - the exchange rate has been fluctuating quite a bit so I posted the high end.
I will adjust it after January, and it's likely to go down.

I'm excited to be back on the Camino!
I hope to go early and walk a different route alone.

Hooray!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Well, Joe and I talked and we've decided to walk again in 2021.
I've had several people inquire, and already have two reserved spots.

We will each take a small group of 7 and will walk in the month of May.
I am spending the day rebuilding the website.
The new web address is www.anniewalkers.com
It should be completely updated by end of week.

The price listed is rather high right now - the exchange rate has been fluctuating quite a bit so I posted the high end.
I will adjust it after January, and it's likely to go down.

I'm excited to be back on the Camino!
I hope to go early and walk a different route alone.

Hooray!
The best of luck to you Annie
You are giving a service to those who may need that extra bit of help and support to walk the Camino
I've read some of your posts from previous journeys so hope that this one will go well for you
It's good of you "to get back on the horse again" so to speak
Best wishes
Annette

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Buen Camino! Surely you will forgive me if I combine a few lines from this poem and another few from that written by a long-dead poet. Ahem...
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,"...
and
You're a better man than I Gunga-Din!"

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Hi Annie,
Happy for you to decide to plan to get back on the Camino! I will check out your revamped website as I'd enjoyed following "Annie's Simple Life" for two years...I learned so much from you!

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
I confess I am surprised by the taxi option on day 19.

Hope all goes well for you.

Camino(s) past & future
I confess I am surprised by the taxi option on day 19.

Hope all goes well for you.
Yes. It's just an option. :) That nearly 4 extra kilometers makes the next day a little long for some of the people I accompany. Most do walk it, but on my trips taxis are always an option. I sometimes have people who have disabilities like bad knees or feet (like me) or heart issues. I've had a couple of people who pretty much bus and taxi'd the entire Way. Last trip I had a woman who had difficulty walking on any incline at all without turning blue. Literally. We're talking 25 feet, not two miles. Needless to say, it was a challenge. But she has a delightful personality and managed to have a good Camino.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Nice to hear that you will be back on the Camino Francés with a group Annie but...you should really rethink your itinerary to include a stay in Albergue Villares de Órbigo (16 km before Astorga) http://alberguevillaresdeorbigo.es/.
You see I will be officially taking over the albergue on May 1, 2020 from the current Belgian owner Christine:). It would be lovely to meet you and Joe and welcome you and your group during the Holy Year.

Camino(s) past & future
Nice to hear that you will be back on the Camino Francés with a group Annie but...you should really rethink your itinerary to include a stay in Albergue Villares de Órbigo (16 km before Astorga) http://alberguevillaresdeorbigo.es/.
You see I will be officially taking over the albergue on May 1, 2020 from the current Belgian owner Christine:). It would be lovely to meet you and Joe and welcome you and your group during the Holy Year.
I PM'd you

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Yes. It's just an option. :) That nearly 4 extra kilometers makes the next day a little long for some of the people I accompany. Most do walk it, but on my trips taxis are always an option. I sometimes have people who have disabilities like bad knees or feet (like me) or heart issues. I've had a couple of people who pretty much bus and taxi'd the entire Way. Last trip I had a woman who had difficulty walking on any incline at all without turning blue. Literally. We're talking 25 feet, not two miles. Needless to say, it was a challenge. But she has a delightful personality and managed to have a good Camino.
How are your feet? Are they getting better?

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Hi is that the albergue with the inside garden and the cats?

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
You will? Really??? Oh, that's so good. I hope you'll enjoy it. And I also hope Camino wind will drop me by someday ;)

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
Hi is that the albergue with the inside garden and the cats?
I don't remember the cats, but it had an inner courtyard with lots of plants.
It was November when I was there; Christine offered me my very own dorm room, with no heat, but it was perfect. If you wanted heat, you had to share. She offered a communal dinner.

Camino(s) past & future
How are your feet? Are they getting better?
Well.... yeeeees, but not healed.
But, better. I'm doing shoe inserts, massage, visualization, it's definitely better.
I'm considering seriously a Camino in March/April to test the waters.
I'm looking for short stages - so probably will just walk the Frances unless I find something easier.
I'm walking more to strengthen myself and take off these pounds I've put on since hobbled so I want to start slow. It's a bugger getting old and crippled! lol!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%