Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino In Puente La Reina

Lora

The walk here was beautiful, breathtaking. The weather today was great, sunny but not too hot, and the best part is no rain.

Was going to check into a hotel today but decided I would miss the company of the other pilgrims, so here I am at the alberque. Getting used to the pilgrim routine and having a wonderful time.

Only one small problem, the wind took two pairs of underware off the clothes line and I haven´t found a place to replace them. Hopefully I will pass the right kind of store soon!
:oops:
Lora

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I had to buy some emergency pants when my stuff didn't arrive with me... There's a market in Carrion de los Condes if you can wait that long!

Train for your next Camino (or keep the Camino spirit alive) on Santa Catalina Island
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Shopping

Peregrina Lora, you can buy knickers in Estella, probably your next stop. Big town, beautiful churches. And the day after that you'll pass the Irache monastery where the Bodegas offers water and wine.
Go well!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Lora, Estella will probably be your best bet for finding replacement "delicates." You also might want to check into a hotel or hostal there as well, depending upon how full the albergue there is. When I was there, they ran out of hot water, so I headed to Hostal Cristina, which is close to the plaza. We had dinner at a restaurant on the plaza, the one marked "asador."

The tourist office has loads of information & a really great Camino map showing distances from the French border as well as altitude, all the way to Santiago!

As for the wine fountain, make sure you get there before the turigrinos on the busses do! All the wine was gone, but at least the water was ice cold, just what I needed!

dg

Thanks ladies, I have managed to replace my missing items. In Estella now, arrived early so lots of room at the alberque. Am looking forward to the wine fountain.

Weather is beautiful!

Lora

Most read last week in this forum

Am taking the bus from Madrid on arrival to Ponferrada to start the Camino a couple stages beyond. Hearing that Molinaseca is a very special place, began thinking of maybe detouring by bus or...
I’m walking now with my daughter from Roncesvalles celebrating our birthdays and I’m finding places with really good local food in El Camino. I want to mention cafe Ttipia in SJPDP Hotel...
Hi all, Second journey upcoming but with my wife. Coming from South Dakota, USA and walking from Burgos to Santiago and then to Muxia . She won't be able to walk much and we want to move her...
Time is rushing on 8 weeks to go, as is my training programme. I watched a lot of camino training advice on You Tube and adapted some of that to fit my ramshackle plan .My first CF back in 2015...
This is an extract from my Web-App (under construction) for Camino Frances and shows the gradient graphs (with maps) for the combined as well as 32 individual walks. Select walks (in groups of 5...
Hello, if it was your first Camino, what would you do regarding below dates? Any adjustments you suggest? I am planning my very first Camino. Current loose plans are to start around April 10th...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back