A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

In Puente La Reina

The walk here was beautiful, breathtaking. The weather today was great, sunny but not too hot, and the best part is no rain.

Was going to check into a hotel today but decided I would miss the company of the other pilgrims, so here I am at the alberque. Getting used to the pilgrim routine and having a wonderful time.

Only one small problem, the wind took two pairs of underware off the clothes line and I haven´t found a place to replace them. Hopefully I will pass the right kind of store soon!
:oops:
Lora

Advertisment

Minkey

I had to buy some emergency pants when my stuff didn't arrive with me... There's a market in Carrion de los Condes if you can wait that long!

Advertisment

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Shopping

Peregrina Lora, you can buy knickers in Estella, probably your next stop. Big town, beautiful churches. And the day after that you'll pass the Irache monastery where the Bodegas offers water and wine.
Go well!

Lora, Estella will probably be your best bet for finding replacement "delicates." You also might want to check into a hotel or hostal there as well, depending upon how full the albergue there is. When I was there, they ran out of hot water, so I headed to Hostal Cristina, which is close to the plaza. We had dinner at a restaurant on the plaza, the one marked "asador."

The tourist office has loads of information & a really great Camino map showing distances from the French border as well as altitude, all the way to Santiago!

As for the wine fountain, make sure you get there before the turigrinos on the busses do! All the wine was gone, but at least the water was ice cold, just what I needed!

dg

Thanks ladies, I have managed to replace my missing items. In Estella now, arrived early so lots of room at the alberque. Am looking forward to the wine fountain.

Weather is beautiful!

Lora

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%