• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Increased distance for cyclists to earn the Compostela?

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
http://leonoticias.com/

Tras la celebración de la Asamblea General de Asociaciones del Camino de Santiago en el mes de marzo, se aprobó la propuesta de variación, en la que se contará con 100 kilómetros andando y 300 kilómetros en bici, se trata de una iniciativa para ampliar la distancia y obtener la Compostela en Santiago, una vez allí, se hará homenaje del Monte de Gozo.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
But there is good news, too:
The Camino de Santiago does not feel the crisis
The route keeps pace despite the crisis with the 1.5 percent increase in the number of pilgrims in 2012 and the opening of two new shelters over the next year

M. Anton 06/08/2012

The number of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago rises 1.5 percent

The number of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago has increased slightly by 1.5 percent despite the economic crisis in the province of Leon, as stated by the Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago de León 'Pulchra Leonina'.

"Leon is the third village, where pilgrims begin the Camino de Santiago, which means a saving of time and money for those starting in León your route," said Luis Gutierrez, president of the Association of Leon.

The months between May and August encouraged the number of pilgrims in an "intensive". The last half of May and early June are the days when more foreigners decide to do the Camino de Santiago. While "the rest of the year to September there are only Spanish pilgrims, adding to make the route, the younger." The president of the Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago de Leon asserts that "October is the month most favorable for the Camino de Santiago, due to the weather and the disappearance of the mass, though the days are shorter, but not a disability to perform the pilgrimage, a religious motivation, cultural and spiritual. "

The Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago de León 'Pulchra Leonina' have "the duty to inform, support and assist the pilgrims who come to the Association to undertake or continue the Camino de Santiago from the city of Leon, plus guard the route at the provincial and general route between Bridge Hospital Órbigo Villarente and the French Way. " And finally, "acting to agencies, institutions and both public and private entities for the protection and preservation of cultural heritage of the Camino de Santiago".

What's new route

This year the Camino de Santiago, in the province of León, much to the new hostel opening Ademar Foundation, is an "important aid to the city, closing the municipal shelter and unable to count on the shelter The Carbajalas, since the 134 beds are complete it is. "

Also, "there in mind the possible opening next year of two new shelters, one in Bercianos Camino Real and one in Relay de las Matas." "In total, there are 37 shelters, ie, 700 hospitals that facilitate the pilgrims stay in shelters, where they requested the donation."

The Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago de Leon also has a "new step narrow bridge Villarente to prevent the pilgrims to pass easily through the bridge, without running any risk of abuse."

Finally, as a novelty, after the conclusion of the General Assembly of Associations of the Camino de Santiago in March, approved the proposed change, which will have 100 miles on foot and by bicycle 300 km, it is an initiative to extend the distance and get the Compostela in Santiago, once there, they will honor the Monte de Gozo. "We are still awaiting approval by the Confraternity of Saint James to carry out this exciting initiative."

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
Can anyone tell me if food is available there… anyone stayed recently? Cheers
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.