A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Inexpensive Sleeping Bag

Hey all,
I'm going to be doing the camino in June, and was looking at the sleeping bag options. Most of the recommended ones were pretty expensive--I was wondering if I'd be okay getting a 30 dollar lightweight sleeping bag from Target--the one I'm looking at weighs about 4 pounds--is this too much?
Thanks so much!
Emmy

A

Anonymous

...a 30 dollar lightweight sleeping bag from Target--the one I'm looking at weighs about 4 pounds--is this too much?

Lightweight, 4 lbs? :? Seems too much to be a litewt...I would take my backpack to the store with all in it and put the sleep bag inside, and see how it feels... Best, xm 8)

jeff001

Given that the current low temps in Pamplona, Leon and Santiago are currently about 50 and likely to be higher a month from now you might reconsider the need for anything more than a sac or liner.

Camino(s) past & future
September 2006
August - September 2017
My wife and I walked in September, of 2006. We used fleece sleeping bag liners, about 2lbs and $10, and had silk sleeping bag liners, 12 ounces and $50 U.S..

You need to be comfortable while you sleep, and I wanted something between me and the beds 100s had used before me. I even carried my wife's special pillow, a foam thing I stuffed in a sack and atted to the top of my pack. You will get tired and will sleep, but if you awake refresehd, that'a a big plus.

Most Refuigos had blankes you could use. The Bag was the largest thng in our packs.

Ultrea.

Jerry

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%