• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Interested in the Frances to Camino de Santiago pilgrimage Oct 2023 or Spring of 2024.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Fewer pilgrims in October, but still plenty of people. You might try the Camigas group on Facebook to see if you could find others walking.

Aug 30, 2023
AS a newbie : )
I would like very much to join a group. Or a senior female or 2 or 3 : )
Any information is appreciated.
many thank yous, West. (aka) Patty
Joe has room in his Spring 2024 group.
I will send you a private message.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You should contact your local American Pilgrims chapter. It appears that you are in Northern California. There is a chapter in Sacramento, and one in the Bay Area.

Aug 30, 2023
On the Francés you’ll meet plenty of people.
Just do it! Remember, this is not a race; if you feel overwhelmed, just pace yourself.
I did the Francés in October 2006, and I can’t think of one day when I was ever alone.
In fact, I will start walking the Camino del Norte, starting in Irun, on Sept 21, and I will meet up with a fellow pilgrim I met in 2006. She’ll walk with me only a couple of weeks, but I’m sure in that duration of time I’ll meet other pilgrims that will be in my surroundings while I continue. This will be my 6th Camino
Buen camino!

Aug 30, 2023
Check out the Americanpilgrims.org and Camingas.com

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Aug 30, 2023
I’ll be starting the Frances in October. Would love walking buddies or just people to check in with. I’m in the Camigas Facebook group and I recommend joining that as wel!

Most read last week in this forum

In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back