This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Invierno route - any chance of snow in April

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino 2024 unknown starting 4/1 from somewhere.
I realize this is the Winter route. That said, I have never heard anyone mentioning snow on this route. Is there a likelihood of encountering snow on this route in April?

Ultreya,
Joe

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I realize this is the Winter route. That said, I have never heard anyone mentioning snow on this route. Is there a likelihood of encountering snow on this route in April?

Ultreya,
Joe

The Invierno route avoids the mountain passes and hence snow of Foncebadon and O Cebreiro. Thus it is so named since it is a more practical route for winter walking. However one never knows what the weather will be. Snow on Las Medulas would look splendid; just imagine those red-orange colored cones of clay tailings left from the Roman gold mine frosted in white!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you Margaret, Laurie C Clearly and Rebekah for your responses. I was not planning on seeing any but am grateful for the feedback.

Joe

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum