• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is it safe to do a wire transfer to Tuitrans?

LStringer

Time of past OR future Camino
September, 2023
Hello Pilgrims,

I have been corresponding with Tuitrans for luggage transfer for my Camino trip next week. They have asked for payment via wire tranfer, which seems a little unusual. Has anyone else had to pay this way and does it feel safe? Much thanks for any thoughts, Lisa

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wire transfers seem to be very common amongst Europeans, but rather difficult (and costly) for N Americans. I would ask if you can pay with PayPal or credit card.

Hello Pilgrims,

I have been corresponding with Tuitrans for luggage transfer for my Camino trip next week. They have asked for payment via wire tranfer, which seems a little unusual. Has anyone else had to pay this way and does it feel safe? Much thanks for any thoughts, Lisa
This is their usual payment screen:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is their usual payment screen:

It looks like they accept major credit cards. I wonder why they are asking @LStringer for a wire transfer.

Yes, it’s safe. I wired them a transfer in July to pay for their services - I was a little anxious too! They are legit and very reliable, excellent communication etc.

I did. There was an option to pay by c/c on their website which had an extra charge. As their bank account is held in UK and it's free for me, I did. I could pay in pounds instead of euros. Since I didn't receive any confirmation by Tuitrans, I asked them if they had. They said yes.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I used a credit card because a manager at my bank advised against using wire transfer. Glad to hear that all went well for those who used the wire transfer option.

As I said, paying via wire transfer seems to be pretty standard procedure for Europeans, but definitely considered risky by North American banks, and comes with considerable fees.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As I said, paying via wire transfer seems to be pretty standard procedure for Europeans, but definitely considered risky by North American banks, and comes with considerable fees.
Zero or close to zero fees with a Wise card because you get a virtual bank account in most major currency areas and so any transfer is a local transfer.

It's safe but you might ask if their bank accepts Zelle (and if yours does).
This is a service I just learned about.
If you have Charles Schwab, they have it, and do transfers between banks that have Zelle without fees.
Otherwise, I'd ask if they will take Paypal or Venmo.

They are a very reputable company, so no worries at all about them defrauding you. But which mode you use to pay is up to you. As others say, bank transfers are very common in Europe (and Asia too btw).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Zero or close to zero fees with a Wise card because you get a virtual bank account in most major currency areas and so any transfer is a local transfer.
But if one doesn't already have a Wise card they have to go through the process of setting it up. Tuitrans' site says that they take major credit cards. I'd rather use a credit card I already have.
It's safe but you might ask if their bank accepts Zelle (and if yours does).
This is a service I just learned about.
If you have Charles Schwab, they have it, and do transfers between banks that have Zelle without fees.
Otherwise, I'd ask if they will take Paypal or Venmo.
Zelle is only for payments in the US.

Saying No Fee is a bit deceptive. There are different fees, commissions, and forex markup. While it's commision free, any forex company normally charges forex markups. If you look at an exchange office where they say 'no fee' or 'no commission' , selling rate and buying rate are different. That's how they make money. If you exchange...say 100 pounds and got 125 Euros, and sell that Euros back to pounds straight away, you won't get 100 pounds back. My bank charges 2.95 % for foreign exchange as well as ATM transaction fee. Forex company mark up can be something like 5.75% ..just as an example but they may not take any other charges. Having said that, the rate by wise transfer is very reasonable. I didn't open an account with them. Tuitrans has their account. Therefore, when I did bank transfer in GBP, I went to wise transfer website and found GBP equivalent of the bill and transferred through my bank.

Saying No Fee is a bit deceptive. There are different fees, commissions, and forex markup. While it's commision free, any forex company normally charges forex markups. If you look at an exchange office where they say 'no fee' or 'no commission' , selling rate and buying rate are different. That's how they make money. If you exchange...say 100 pounds and got 125 Euros, and sell that Euros back to pounds straight away, you won't get 100 pounds back. My bank charges 2.95 % for foreign exchange as well as ATM transaction fee. Forex company mark up can be something like 5.75% ..just as an example but they may not take any other charges. Having said that, the rate by wise transfer is very reasonable. I didn't open an account with them. Tuitrans has their account. Therefore, when I did bank transfer in GBP, I went to wise transfer website and found GBP equivalent of the bill and transferred through my bank.I

Sure you are aware but there are UK banks that don’t charge ATM transaction fees.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
But if one doesn't already have a Wise card they have to go through the process of setting it up. Tuitrans' site says that they take major credit cards. I'd rather use a credit card I already have.

Zelle is only for payments in the US.
Interesting. I just had an albergue in Navarette tell me they used it. Maybe he has a US bank account.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back