• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is this to be believed? Hoka sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue127

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Mozarabe Feb 24
Hi, I've never worn Hokas before but am aware of how many people merit them as comfy footwear. This link came up on FB and the savings are enormous. What do you think?

I'm normally a 41 European size or 7 UK, so will have to hope the conversion is accurate.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Sue. I didn’t click the link but I put the site address in my browser. It looks like an outlet centre for all sorts of products. Certainly offering big savings on the Hokas. If a little suspicious, I would contact Hoka head office customer service to check if it’s a legitimate site. There are plenty of scam sites around that look perfectly legit and then the goods never arrive.

On the other hand, it might be fine. Will be interesting if others on the forum have bought from Tenerac.

I ALMOST bought a pair of well known brand hiking sandals when I finally found the size and colour I was looking for, after I couldn’t find them anywhere else. Something made me hesitate. I went to the brand head office website and sent an email. They confirmed it was a scam site, not an authorised seller and thanked me for contacting. 😎

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Sue. I didn’t click the link but I put the site address in my browser. It looks like an outlet centre for all sorts of products. Certainly offering big savings on the Hokas. If a little suspicious, I would contact Hoka head office customer service to check if it’s a legitimate site. There are plenty of scam sites around that look perfectly legit and then the goods never arrive.

On the other hand, it might be fine. Will be interesting if others on the forum have bought from Tenerac.

I ALMOST bought a pair of well known brand hiking sandals when I finally found the size and colour I was looking for, after I couldn’t find them anywhere else. Something made me hesitate. I went to the brand head office website and sent an email. They confirmed it was a scam site, not an authorised seller and thanked me for contacting. 😎
Thanks, that's a good idea.

Suggest you go directly to Hoka.com for the straight information on pricing. There some sites that handle end-lot sales or season change sales. These include zappos.com for example.

Personally, if I never heard of the website before, I would be very leery.

BTW - Hoka shoes are all the rage among hospital workers, burses, technicians and folks who have to be on their feet all day.

I also see a lot of them among the footwear at my local gym. I recently asked a fellow who was wearing a pair of Hoka trainers how comfortable they were. His statement to me was that it was like walking on a marshmallow cloud. Take it for what it is worth.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Hmm, looks suspicious to me. They are "spoofing" QVC, which is one of the original "home shopping" TV channels. There are no Hokas available on the official QVC site.

It also comes up as unsafe on this Scam Adviser website

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hmm, looks suspicious to me. They are "spoofing" QVC, which is one of the original "home shopping" TV channels. There are no Hokas available on the official QVC site.

It also comes up as unsafe on this Scam Adviser website

Thanks. I may check with Hokas themselves but I can't believe anywhere could reduce by 80%! It could be they are imitation and so do not come up to Hoka quality.

Hi Sue!
The cheapest Hoka Stinsons i have found over the last 3 years (i wear them all day everyday) that are in my size in a Hoka legit sale have been £99 plus postage! (3 new pairs still waiting for my feet)
I would imagine others would be in that ball park kinda range;if it looks to good to be true be careful.
£24 does seem a bit suss!
Woody

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Sue!
The cheapest Hoka Stinsons i have found over the last 3 years (i wear them all day everyday) that are in my size in a Hoka legit sale have been £99 plus postage! (3 new pairs still waiting for my feet)
I would imagine others would be in that ball park kinda range;if it looks to good to be true be careful.
£24 does seem a bit suss!
Woody
And there is a Stinson sale going on at the official Hoka site now; shoes are $99 USD. Most (if not all) of those sites supposedly selling popular brands at unbelievably low prices are unbelievable. They just want your credit card number to use, after they use the original charge--and never send you what you paid for.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hallo, ik heb nog nooit Hoka's gedragen, maar ik weet hoeveel mensen ze verdienen als comfortabel schoeisel. Deze link kwam op FB en de besparingen zijn enorm. Wat denk je?

Ik ben normaal gesproken een 41 Europese maat of 7 UK, dus zal moeten hopen dat de conversie accuraat is.
Oplichters?????

Anything found on FB is highly suspect, even if not interested in their product. Please note that FB does not police the vendors to see whether they are legitimate or not. I have been stung by this scam myself, admittedly.

Thanks. I may check with Hokas themselves but I can't believe anywhere could reduce by 80%! It could be they are imitation and so do not come up to Hoka quality.
The ONLY way they could be that cheap is if the styles were discontinued and "jobbing out" the left-overs out like this is a way to avoid sending them to the landfill.

Still CAVEAT EMPTOR! Be suspicious of sites like this - very suspicious.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Tenerac.com / dirt cheap Hoka shoes and dirt cheap other products with free shipping worldwide for any order over $40
In addition to @trecile's post:

Of course the people behind the website and the Facebook page are fraudsters and scammers and not even talented ones.

Did you not have a look at the fabricated comments on Facebook? For example, here is a selection from their 31 enthusiastic customer's comments for a "Vintage Silver Bird Signet Ring": Love it; Great sheet set; Essential Tool for Writers; Perfect and Versatile; Great features; My best pillows so far; They were normal gloves; Boils fast. 😵‍💫

On the website itself, they do not even bother to provide a formal "Terms and Conditions" text for selling / purchasing their products on offer. There is no active button to click and activate the box that is labelled as "Chat With Us/We offer 24-hour chat support". There is no business address or other legal address. They even forgot to fill in the "About" section when they fabricated the website with the help of some webdesign software. The "About" section still displays the software's filler text: "Use this text area to tell your customers about your brand and vision. You can change it in the theme editor".

If that is not convincing enough, google for How can you tell a scam website and read common tips. Tenerac.com ticks a lot of the boxes for identifiying fake, fraudulent and scam websites.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think this post can be closed now. Can I do that as original poster or needs to be carried out by a moderator?

I think this post can be closed now. Can I do that as original poster or needs to be carried out by a moderator?
I've closed it.
The best way to let us know that you want your thread closed is to click/tap the "report" button at the bottom of the post and ask the moderators to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.