• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It's a toss up..

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
So, I'm sat here, a day or so from Santiago and then I still have a few spare days before I have to fly back to blighty... The question is..
Do I do Santiago-Finisterra or do I do the Camino Inglés?
And whatever I decide where can I buy the wise pilgrim guide book (if there is one) (for the collection) in Santiago
Love and hugs
Andy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So, I'm sat here, a day or so from Santiago and then I still have a few spare days before I have to fly back to blighty... The question is..
And whatever I decide where can I buy the wise pilgrim guide book (if there is one) (for the collection) in Santiago
Love and hugs
Andy
Hi Andy! There is a bookshop in the ‘main street’ of Santiago, where the old pilgrim office used to be, on the right handside. I bought the guide to the camino inglés there last Summer. (Sorry, the name escapes me, maybe someone else remembers...)
Depends how many days you have left. I did the CI (leisurely) in 5 days, Santiago to Fisterra can be done in 3 plus one day if you want to visit Muxía...

You can just down load the electronic copy of the guide book ... less weight good luck... I agree with doing the ingles. I really need to catch up on your blog. Look forward to reading

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Love and hugs
Andy

Enjoy the next days whatever route you will choose.
If you are still in SdC on Monday the 8th of October I will buy you a drink!

You can just down load the electronic copy of the guide book ... less weight good luck... I agree with doing the ingles. I really need to catch up on your blog. Look forward to reading
Actually I forgot to say, none of the guideboks are a help on the Inglés at the moment as it was changed very recently (just after they were all published).
I thought @andywild just wanted it to add to his collection, maybe I misinterpreted.
The yellow arrows on the CI are very clear and there is no need for a guide book - and I say this as someone who ...tends to get lost! :D

Actually I forgot to say, none of the guideboks are a help on the Inglés at the moment as it was changed very recently (just after they were all published).
I thought @andywild just wanted it to add to his collection, maybe I misinterpreted.
The yellow arrows on the CI are very clear and there is no need for a guide book - and I say this as someone who ...tends to get lost! :D
Aaah good to know thank you . Not sure if he meant for his collection. I seem to be collecting both electronic and paper
I just decided finally im doing the norte, just posted a thread.https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...rtle-takes-on-the-del-norte-april-2019.58340/
I may decide to do the ingles as well. I just use the guides for planning otherwise i follow the arrows/shells

Update: my bad...sorry he did say for his collection, i misread and misspoke. Disregard my original suggestion on the electronic copy

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yeah, it's nice to have on the shelf.. the only other thing is the albergue info. I know I can use gronze but if I split stages the info is trickier to decipher while trying to flick back a forth to the tiny map they provide when I use my phone

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
They're both great. I can fully understand wanting to keep walking. Santiago for me is always sad because the walking is finished and it's such a strange place - noisy, and touristy. My suggestion would be go to Finnistere, the idea of walking to the "end of the world" is very special and it's a beautiful quiet reflective journey. You can get a bus back. Inglés from Ferrol is also great, but quite suburban on the first day (which actually is great because Ferrol is a lovely city) , and the last day is a bit industrialish going into Santiago. The CdI felt a bit crowded when I did it, and not so friendly - maybe because it's so short and people are rushing and barely started before they finish, that said, there are some beautiful parts to it.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
the only other thing is the albergue info.
Even though several parts of the Inglés have changed substantially, the Albergue/accommodations info all remains the same as the path ultimately stops in the same villages/towns as always. Just follow the arrows!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
After 3 Caminos, I finally kept walking to Muxia then Finnestere all up 5 days. I'm a very slow walker too. Dumbria is worth an overnight stay at the million dollar albergue built by the owner of Zara on the Way to Muxia. ( one certificate) Then one day's walk to Finnestere ( earning another certificate) both are gorgeous coastal towns. Haven't done the English C. yet....
Buen Camino

My vote is to walk to Finisterre by way of Cee and then on to Muxia if you have time. This was my plan last week but after I made it to Finisterre I just couldn’t leave. Everyday, I would lay on the beach and decide I couldn’t go the following day. I would return to the albergue and ask to stay another day... 4 in total. I enjoyed sunrise on the eastern beach and walked to the western beach for sunset. Relaxed does not begin to describe how I felt.7F4560F2-EBF1-4252-B59D-60EA129FF1DE.jpeg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Andy, please post the link to your blog again. I do not seem to have it any longer, so had forgotten you were walking the Portuguese. I will be going in April and would love to read your observations and stories along the way...I really enjoyed your account on the Frances!

Andy, please post the link to your blog again. I do not seem to have it any longer, so had forgotten you were walking the Portuguese. I will be going in April and would love to read your observations and stories along the way...I really enjoyed your account on the Frances!
I just finished the Portuguese route and can highly recommend the Spiritual Variante. If you want to stay in the monastery in Armenteira be sure to make reservations well ahead. The only thing I would differently was to take an extra day on this variant in the charming small coastal town of Combarro.
https://variante-espiritual-en.webs.com/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just finished reading Andy's blog of the Portuguese camino. Although he is witty and it was a hilarious read, I'm not so sure this route is going to be all I'd hoped for when I plan to go in April from Porto. It sounds like lots and lots of asphalt and not very much natural beauty. Having already walked the Frances, Norte/Primitivo and the Le Puy, am I going "backward", so to speak, to choose the Portuguese? No money invested yet except a guidebook.
Maybe walking the Senda Litoral and Spiritual Variant will help?

I might add I was planning to walk the Fisherman's Way in southern Portugal first is why I added in the Portuguese camino.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.