• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Jeans on the camino

I don´t want to miss out on this lively discussion. Personally I wouldn´t wear jeans for a long walk because of the thick inside seams which chaff / rub after a while. My trekking trousers have smooth flat inside seams.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Our esteemed colleague @JabbaPapa helpfully posted his ‘kit list’ recently which might be useful reading for those (myself included) who are prone to obsession with shaving off grammes, seeking out ‘technical’ clothing and weighing everything.

Each to their own, though. It would be a boring world (and a much shorter thread) if we all thought the same.

Don’t think I saw anyone wear jeans on any of the Camino’s I’ve walked!
Am definitely in the lightweight zip off trousers camp! They tick every box, comfortable, quick drying, lightweight, plenty of useful pockets!
I would try places like “TK Maxx” which normally has an outdoor clothing section, they occasionally have cragghopper trousers/tops!

Decathlon in my opinion is better than Mountain warehouse, the clothing is better quality, although they never have great stock availability!

A few years back Levi’s launch a “Commute” Jeans range!
They were jeans designed to be worn while cycling, they were waterproof and were more comfortable to wear on the move!
Definitely test everything before you leave!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I read here ( https://stingynomads.com/camino-de-santiago-pilgrims/ ) that Christian Pinon walked 2500 kilometers from his home in Belgium to Santiago de Compostela in 97 days, barefoot.

I guess that those of us who like to wear shoes are "packing our fears".

Or perhaps that just because some people do something that doesn't necessarily make that a recommended thing for most other people.

Everyone is making such good points about why jeans are bad ... but I met a guy who started in Geneva. His walking gear was a pair of ripped jeans, sneakers, and a cotton t-shirt. And he was doing just fine.

Please everyone keep to the topic. I wear jeans nearly every day except when I am walking - they rub in places I don’t like to rubbed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum