• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just LOOK at what pilgrims can do...!

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
Don't think I´m breaking any rules here. The "garden" of the Church of San Martiño in Carantoña, directly in front of The Little Fox House was completely neglected and overgrown ´til we decided to give it some dignity. The cemetary had been removed probably 40 years earlier. What was left was a sad wilderness. Check out this link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 41a429bbb6
(There's still the west side to go......Wanna come and help?)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Priscillian, I am sure I'm not the only one who reads your little fox posts and wonders why you have all the good fortune and we're stuck back at our desks. You seem to have found the perfect place, and I am hoping that next summer I'll be able to take a right at Merexo and head to your place. Did you resolve the arrow dispute?

Lucky you. Buen camino, Laurie

Oh Laurie..."good fortune" or just stubbornness in the face of every day obstacles? Sometimes I think about how I have turned my life upside down to do this and I get the shakes!!
But the view is GORGEOUS and I do so love "my" pilgrims and everybody who has come here has felt its very special energy.
At the end of the Camino Frances? Well it depends where that "end" is! For many it is Santiago, but for a growing number, it is the coast, as it always was following The Camino of the Stars LONG before the name of Santiago was affixed to it. The Little Fox House if 16.7 klms from Muxia, and 9.7 from Merexo which is on that Camino-
The first part is (now) waymarked in black (thanks to the local police!)with occasional Foxy faces, but still followable and both albergues in Muxia have maps. There is also a Google Earth map on the Little Fox Facebook page.
It´s pretty special here. Come find out. You can read, write, reflect, walk, fish, talk, or remain silent. All is donativo...
Great food too!

I hope I didn't imply that I thought your fabulous set up was the result of luck. I'm sure it took more energy and resolve than I can even imagine. I've had a few run-ins with different Spanish bureaucracies over the years, and me oh my, I'll bet you've got some stories!

I asked about the arrows because I thought I remember some story you told about complaining people making you remove them, but it sounds like that has been resolved.

Based on the distances you've posted, I'm thinking that puts the Little Fox at about a 27 km walk from the Dumbria albergue?

Hoping to see you in 2013! Buen camino, Laurie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.