• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just me or did the most Read Topics add "awstract.me"

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 fall
I noticed a change in the links on the most read topics email. The links on May3 look like:

On May4 they look like this:

Did not know if the new tracker was added by at the origin or some how after? I'm not a fan of trackers so it creates a problem since the links now won't directly connect based on tracking blockers. Just check if others have this or what the change was intended for. Thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I noticed a change in the links on the most read topics email. The links on May3 look like:

On May4 they look like this:

Did not know if the new tracker was added by at the origin or some how after? I'm not a fan of trackers so it creates a problem since the links now won't directly connect based on tracking blockers. Just check if others have this or what the change was intended for. Thanks
I will have a look at this, but I think it is related to the way the forum sends its emails. I use Amazon AWS, and I think this is why this comes up. It looks like some tracking links… if so, I will see if I can turn it off. Will look into it.

I will have a look at this, but I think it is related to the way the forum sends its emails. I use Amazon AWS, and I think this is why this comes up. It looks like some tracking links… if so, I will see if I can turn it off. Will look into it.
Thanks, let me know if I can provide any info to help. The links shown are just cut and paste from the email on different days.
Only other difference from my end was I loaded the mobile app between the two days. So it knew who I was from the phone when opened it on the phone. In case this acct modification cause a change in what AWSSent out.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I also noticed this morning that clicking on a link in your email to this page, it was blocked, with reference to something to do with a Peter. I chose to click the don't warn me about this, however felt a bit uncomfortable doing that. This was on my home computer, not my phone.
Like so many others, I relish the daily emails, so I hope you can remove it Ivar. Thank you for continuing to provide such valuable information.

I also noticed this morning that clicking on a link in your email to this page, it was blocked, with reference to something to do with a Peter. I chose to click the don't warn me about this, however felt a bit uncomfortable doing that. This was on my home computer, not my phone.
Like so many others, I relish the daily emails, so I hope you can remove it Ivar. Thank you for continuing to provide such valuable information.
I have no idea what changed. I’ve been in the forum for many years and always got the daily and weekly updates. Last year all of a sudden I stopped getting anything. Emailed Ivar and he said nothing changed. For me I would forget then to go to the app or web site to read things. Well 2 days ago I started getting the emails. So happy again though it’s an extra hour at Starbucks reading 😊. But nice to get the daily reminder.

Most read last week in this forum

Is it possible to private message other members? I have tried clicking on the name of the person I’d like to message (a mod, to ask when the monthly start date threads are posted) but all I see is...
Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back