A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Last 100k - Getting to Tui from Vigo Airport

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugues (last 100km)
Hi,
I'm going to walk the last 100k of the Portugues, starting at Tui at the end of this month; I'll be flying into Vigo - does anybody have any recommendations for getting from Vigo Airport to Tui via public transport? From what I've learned so far it seems that taxi might be the best option..has anybody done this, or know how much roughly a taxi would cost? Thanks!

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Flights booked from Edinburgh for May 2018 planning walking from Sarria to Santiago
Hi Caoinheobom, we would love to do this also, as flights are now available to Vigo from Edinburgh. We recently complete Sarria to Santiago de Compostela, which was an amazing experience. I’ll certainly be following this thread. Thank you for your post:)

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
Hi,
I'm going to walk the last 100k of the Portugues, starting at Tui at the end of this month; I'll be flying into Vigo - does anybody have any recommendations for getting from Vigo Airport to Tui via public transport? From what I've learned so far it seems that taxi might be the best option..has anybody done this, or know how much roughly a taxi would cost? Thanks!
www.Rome2rio suggest you catch the bus https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Vigo-Airport-VGO/Tui of course that might depend on timings but it appears to be a 56 minute trip. You may (probably will) need to get a taxi to Puxieros to catch a more regular bus. Otherwise the taxi-fare is indicated iro €50.

Camino(s) past & future
Flights booked from Edinburgh for May 2018 planning walking from Sarria to Santiago

Advertisment

Bungkus

Camino(s) past & future
Tours Route; Camino Frances; Santiago to Muxia (2014)
Camino Portugués (2017)
Depending on the time you arrive, take the train. It’s comfortable and cheap at around €4 and takes around 45 mins. Regular buses run from the airport to Vigo city to connect to the train and take about 30 mins for around €1.50 from memory. Vigo tourist info office are very helpful and speak English, they could help with train timetables. Here is the map of the train system http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/mediadistancia/mapas_y_trayectos/md_galicia.png

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 163 25.5%