• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Late night taxi from Santiago Airport

Jenski

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2019?
Hi everyone,
Wondering whether anyone had any experience of arriving late at night at Santiago airport and had any tips for the best way to get into town.

My family and I have a flight arriving at 23:55 on Friday night. We then need to travel to our hotel near the bus station in Santiago for a quick sleep before heading off to Ferrol to start our Camino Ingles. After disembarking, passports and collecting checked baggage, I’m not sure what time we’ll be landside. Would there be plenty of taxis waiting for fares at such a late hour? Should we book a taxi? Are there airport-city shuttles running all night?

Any tips would be most appreciated.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
(apologies if this becomes a duplicate reply, trying again as doesn’t seem to have posted)

Thank very much Tincatinker. Yes, have chosen a hotel with 24hr check-in and notified them of the unusual eta.
Appreciate the estimate. That’s the snag with trying to prebook a taxi - the time it takes to get out varies so much from airport to airport. Ok, so one hour should do it then.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Where are you flying from?

If the last leg is intra-Schengen you should be out fairly quickly, though baggage reclaim can be variable.

(apologies if this becomes a duplicate reply, trying again as doesn’t seem to have posted)

Thank very much Tincatinker. Yes, have chosen a hotel with 24hr check-in and notified them of the unusual eta.
Appreciate the estimate. That’s the snag with trying to prebook a taxi - the time it takes to get out varies so much from airport to airport. Ok, so one hour should do it then.
If you pre-book they'll likely ask for your flight number. They'll monitor your landing and are the local experts on processing times at Santiago–Rosalía de Castro Airport. Your driver will be in Arrivals with a little cardboard sign, or, these days, more likely a Tablet with your name on.

If you pre-book they'll likely ask for your flight number. They'll monitor your landing and are the local experts on processing times at Santiago–Rosalía de Castro Airport. Your driver will be in Arrivals with a little cardboard sign, or, these days, more likely a Tablet with your name on.
Ah amazing! That works.
Never actually ordered a taxi from an airport - more of a public transport person - so excuse the ignorance. Thanks so much again

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We arrived on a late flight from UK.
Booked our taxi through Booking.com the driver had our flt details, had contact with us via WhatsApp I think and everything worked really well. Pretty quick picking up luggage, getting through passport / customs etc

Taxis to and from the airport at Santiago are GREAT! Not cheap - but very good. Well, worth the expense to arrive calmly and relaxed. I always take a taxi to and from the airport.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We arrived on a late flight from UK.
Booked our taxi through Booking.com the driver had our flt details, had contact with us via WhatsApp I think and everything worked really well. Pretty quick picking up luggage, getting through passport / customs etc
Amazing! Hotel booked with Booking.com so may even get a discount. Shall look into it. Thanks Fleur

Amazing! Hotel booked with Booking.com so may even get a discount. Shall look into it. Thanks Fleur
Our hotel was also booked via Booking.com for that night then Booking.com suggested we might like to book a taxi. No discount , I think we paid 37€ between 3 of us. Well worth every cent. On the return journey to the airport it was mid afternoon and we used the excellent bus to the airport. 1€ per person, make sure you have correct change ready.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back