Search 62305 Camino Questions

L'Esprit du Chemin updated website

How to avoid failure "be prepared"
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

lanval

What a wonderful place!

I stayed there last April, a nervous and shy first-time pilgrim. It was a great start to a wonderful journey. I really cannot recommend it enough. :)

Dale

I have to add my two cents worth. This was by far the best accommodations experience of My Camino last April. I was there on April 6th which was opening day for the season and next to the Stamp in my Credential they wrote "First Stamp of the year." Very warm welcoming people who foster a wonderful atmosphere in their home. Anyone planing on spending the night in Saint Jean pied de port should not miss this experience. Be advised that it is a very popular place and you should make reservation in advance.

How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
dislp38 said:
I've tried twice to book it, and I haven't heard a response yet. Any suggestions?

dislp38, On their website they say that this year's opening date is 4 April. So they have possibly been back in Holland, but must be starting to open the house up soonish.
Margaret

colinPeter

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SDC (2009) Somport-Jaca, Burgos-SDC, Cee-Muxia (2012) Le Puy - Aumont-Aubrac (2014) SJPP-SDC (Oct 2015)
dislp38 said:
I've tried twice to book it, and I haven't heard a response yet. Any suggestions?
Have you tried since the 15th of March?
I believe that is when they started to accept bookings.
They responded to my request to: info@espritduchemin.org
Col

Elizabeth Rush

Dear Pilgrim Accomodation Provider

We wish to book two beds for the night of 26th April 2009 for myself and my husband Sean. We will be arriving from Ireland that evening. We hope to be there in time for dinner. Please let us know if you have beds available that night.

Thank you very much

Elizabeth Rush

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, my sister and I will start June 18 in Sarría. First timers, so please excuse my ignorance😁 I have written a company that gave me a quote three times asking for accommodation with swimming...
I walked from SJPDP to Santiago in 2017. Other than a few days where I wanted to upgrade to a nice hotel as a treat, I mostly just found accommodation when I arrived. On easter weekend that...
A question to those who have experience of pilgrim habits and statistics on the Camino Francés. God being willing, I hope to walk this spring to Santiago along the CF, starting out in mid-April...
I have decided on the Frances in early to mid June for my first Camino. I keep hearing how crowded the Sarria to Santiago portion is at that time of year. am concerned It may be too crowded...
I booked a bed at Gite Makila, but they don't offer dinner. As this will be day 0 for me, I wouldn't mind having some company for dinner. Do any of the gites allow people to join their communal...
Ivar probably knows the answer to this. For a few years up until Covid, I much enjoyed the annual update (last one 2019). I assume Covid interrupted it. Anyone know if the author plans to resume...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2023 Camino Guides