• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lined or unlined jogging pants

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances in 2016, Portuguese in 2017, and Frances again in 2018. Madrid to Ponferrada 2019.
Just wondering if in May and June I would need lined or unlined jogging pants. The unlined of course weigh less and take up less room.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just wondering if in May and June I would need lined or unlined jogging pants. The unlined of course weigh less and take up less room.
Lined pants would probably be too heavy to dry quickly. I took a light merino wool base layer in case of cold however never used them. Walked in September 2015.

Lined pants would probably be too heavy to dry quickly. I took a light merino wool base layer in case of cold however never used them. Walked in September 2015.

They dry just as quickly as the ones that are not lined

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks for your comment... I'll certainly consider that.

Unlined, definitely! My wife wears these all day, every day. They form the spine of her "retired in south Florida" wardrobe. Every time she buys another pair, I just tell her they would work very nicely on Camino. She has not yet done one, but, I am cleverly working behind the scenes so she has the clothing to be good-to-go!;)

You will heat up and perspire as you walk during the day. Lined pants, of any sort, would be too warm, IMHO. Plus, as you will be doing hand washing more often than not, you want pants, again of any type, that will rinse out easier and dry faster. Consider that in May and June, many of the places you will stay are rather chilly and damp all night. Outside clothes drying on lines is not always possible because of overnight showers or early morning ground fog.

In my experience, most albergues and many hostals are stingy with their heat, as it adds cost, and not value, when seen from their perspective. You usually, if lucky, get a blast around 21:00 - 22:00, and again at 05:00 to maybe 06:00. The former is to facilitate bathing, changing and getting ready to sleep. The latter is to facilitate your getting the heck out of the albergue or hostal and onto the Camino again in the morning.

I hope this helps.

Imho unlined of course if you thing you may be cold take with you an ultra light silk long johns, layers layers always :)

zzotte

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Unlined, definitely! My wife wears these all day, every day. They form the spine of her "retired in south Florida" wardrobe. Every time she buys another pair, I just tell her they would work very nicely on Camino. She has not yet done one, but, I am cleverly working behind the scenes so she has the clothing to be good-to-go!;)

You will heat up and perspire as you walk during the day. Lined pants, of any sort, would be too warm, IMHO. Plus, as you will be doing hand washing more often than not, you want pants, again of any type, that will rinse out easier and dry faster. Consider that in May and June, many of the places you will stay are rather chilly and damp all night. Outside clothes drying on lines is not always possible because of overnight showers or early morning ground fog.

In my experience, most albergues and many hostals are stingy with their heat, as it adds cost, and not value, when seen from their perspective. You usually, if lucky, get a blast around 21:00 - 22:00, and again at 05:00 to maybe 06:00. The former is to facilitate bathing, changing and getting ready to sleep. The latter is to facilitate your getting the heck out of the albergue or hostal and onto the Camino again in the morning.

I hope this helps.
Thank you... yes, very helpful... decision has been made..

You are quite welcome. That is what we are here for.

We hope to provide cogent information and to prevent intending pilgrims from making the same "tenderfoot" mistakes many of us made as we started doing Caminos.

I wear unlined trousers but carry lightweight longjohns for cool evenings. Double as pyjama bottoms. Even though I feel the cold I don't walk with the 'liners' as I would get too hot. If really cold (early May) I have worn my waterproof trousers over my walking trousers as I can easily remove them once it warms up. Lined trousers or longjohns under my trousers means I would be stuck with them on until I could undress somewhere. So layers, but easily removeable layers.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.