• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Live Albergue Boadilla del Camino y Hostal en Fromista

Rozenn

Time of past OR future Camino
April/may 2022 SJPP to Santiago
Hi Everyone in Frómista today !Since iris cold and rainy , after a week in alberguesi decided to book for a good rest in Hostal SanMartin I n Fromista . I don’t recommend it at all since there is no heating in the rooms ,.They only switch it on at night !Since I am fluent in Spanish , I commented it to the staff and they said they will bring me an electric appliance ... which they did but I could see they were not very happy with my demand! Also no WiFi should n the room.On the website it says caléfaction individual

I asked some locals where to go and there is this lovely all new Hostal rural called Oasisbeth , calle Frances 20. Nice friendly and since I am alone will pay half the price of the room ( 42€)

Yesterday I stayed in the Albergue el Camino at the entrance of Boadilla!! Great place ! The boss Eduardo and the 2 guys with him are amazing! Eduardo runs non stop from one place to another with a big smile!The menu del peregrino excellent (10€)with a choice of chicken , beef stew or a great merluza rebozada ( fish) and vegetarian dishes too You can also order different food if you are hungry when you arrive from Castrojeriz and cannot wait for dinner at 7. At 15 pm I ate a big plate of warm beans and chorizo ! Plates, bowls and glasses from clay specially made for the Albergue!keep earm
In winter and cool In summer ! If you ask them they deal with washing and drying your laundry

Attachments

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm glad that found some lovely places to stay, I also enjoyed the community meal at the Albergue En El Camino last week even though I was booked into their hotel next door for a treat. When I arrived Eduardo filled a large bowl with fresh coffee and hot milk, it was so good that I had two, then ham and eggs - delicious! I loved the sculpture work in the garden, a lovely place to relax, definitely 5* in my book.

Yesterday I stayed in the Albergue el Camino at the entrance of Boadilla!! Great place
Most definitely one of the best experiences of the Camino Frances. Eduardo Is a dream Host and the Spanish food is exemplary. For those still heading that way , there is a old man that opens the church for a short tour - most rewarding. Gee , places like this have me hankering after the camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Everyone in Frómista today !Since iris cold and rainy , after a week in alberguesi decided to book for a good rest in Hostal SanMartin I n Fromista . I don’t recommend it at all since there is no heating in the rooms ,.They only switch it on at night !Since I am fluent in Spanish , I commented it to the staff and they said they will bring me an electric appliance ... which they did but I could see they were not very happy with my demand! Also no WiFi should n the room.On the website it says caléfaction individual

I asked some locals where to go and there is this lovely all new Hostal rural called Oasisbeth , calle Frances 20. Nice friendly and since I am alone will pay half the price of the room ( 42€)

Yesterday I stayed in the Albergue el Camino at the entrance of Boadilla!! Great place ! The boss Eduardo and the 2 guys with him are amazing! Eduardo runs non stop from one place to another with a big smile!The menu del peregrino excellent (10€)with a choice of chicken , beef stew or a great merluza rebozada ( fish) and vegetarian dishes too You can also order different food if you are hungry when you arrive from Castrojeriz and cannot wait for dinner at 7. At 15 pm I ate a big plate of warm beans and chorizo ! Plates, bowls and glasses from clay specially made for the Albergue!keep earm
In winter and cool In summer ! If you ask them they deal with washing and drying your laundry

Attachments

I had a similar experience at a hostal called El Apostol last year. After paying 40.70 euros, I found a broken shower, no internet, and the door handle that did not lock properly. The bed was the worst of all. The shabby frame was so light, it practically moved around the room whenever I tried to sit on it. I had to comer it against a wall to make it stay. I finally complained and checked out.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Most definitely one of the best experiences of the Camino Frances. Eduardo Is a dream Host and the Spanish food is exemplary. For those still heading that way , there is a old man that opens the church for a short tour - most rewarding. Gee , places like this have me hankering after the camino.
This is where we expect to finish our Camino this time. We feel fortunate to have another opportunity to walk this year, at 71 and 80 years, with some health issues.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is where we expect to finish our Camino this time. We feel fortunate to have another opportunity to walk this year, at 71 and 80 years, with some health issues.
Take a taxi if you need too . its your Camino , I think we can become to regimental with who deserves a bed.
In your twilight years , I'm sure you must have helped others - take a little back?

Take a taxi if you need too . its your Camino , I think we can become to regimental with who deserves a bed.
In your twilight years , I'm sure you must have helped others - take a little back?
I've already decided the parts we will avoid this time, mostly by using local buses.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have said this before, and now I am saying it again: this was one of the pure delights on the Camino Frances for me, all of 13 years ago. Walking through the door in the wall, and being presented with a wonderland! A kidney shaped pool! Refreshing cool drinks! A wonderful room with bunks, with sheets?. And great showers and toilets... Eduardo, his mother, and other family members. Plenty of time to wash and dry clothes, a great meal... so lovely to know that it is still offering such a welcome to pilgrims, both in the albergue and in the private rooms.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back