• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino live from the Mozárabe

Bodhimind1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2011) Mozarabe/via de la Plata/Sanabres (2014)
We are now on day seven of our pilgrimage from Granada to Santiago. Fantastic weather so far. The route as shown on Peter Bobbin's (the walking pilgrim) maps is accurate. Using a combination of Peter Bobbin's maps, Allison Raju's guide booklet and the recent yellow arrow markings (thank you!) We have had little difficulty in finding the route from Granada to Cordoba. The re-routing of the Camino going uphill behind Pinos Puente to Olivares is well signposted & avoids a potentially difficult river crossing. The re-routed path from Olivares now goes up the gravel back road to Moclin & while steep is easy to follow. A few tricky spots but if you are attentive it is now easy to NOT get lost in the olives! jn Moclin, the key for La Breza Casa Rural is held at the bar Califato -as is the sello. Accommodation and food have been very good. It is a great walk even if hilly. More to come.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wishing you a wonderful camino. I am hoping that I might be able to walk this route next year, and there aren't many posts on the Camino between Granada and where it joins the Via de la Plata in Merida. Keep in touch and buen camino! Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Always great to hear about a different route (and updates). Thanks and Buen Camino
Annie

Forgot to elaborate on the state of the track 15km after Castro del Rio. We had already decided to break the 39k stage to Cordoba into two by going via Santa Cruz. As it turned out, this was the right decision as the Camino after 15k became overgrown and impassible it seemed. Ie between CP271 and CO3019. (See attached) Although there was a Ruta del Calafate sign pointing along that track, all other (wooden) signposts pointed us down to Santa Cruz. Careful attention to the map is needed when leaving Santa Cruz. Will continue to give updates.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hey, I think I might have met you in Albergue de Alcántara and in a couple of other places! I hope you keep your good camino to Santiago, you might recognize yourselves in this video I took near Grimaldo...

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back