A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Longest distance between alberques on CF

PokeyRN49

Camino(s) past & future
(2022)
I’ll be a slow walker on the CF and wonder what the distance between any alberques on the CF. Im thinks that there will be a day when I will be walking a greater number of km than most other days.

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
I’ll be a slow walker on the CF and wonder what the distance between any alberques on the CF. Im thinks that there will be a day when I will be walking a greater number of km than most other days.
The longest day is 17kms from Carrion de los Condes to Calzadilla de la Cueza.

Juspassinthrough

in our minds, we're vagabonds, you and I
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Inglés 2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Camino Aragonés (2023?)
The distance may not be the only factor involved, yes 17km is the longest distance and as pointed out, you’ll be used to your daily trek by the time you reach Carrion de los Condes. What may be the most difficult leg for a slow walker could be Orisson to Roncesvalles which occurs early on and is steep both up and down. But, all manageable. Buen Camino.

c0484

Camino(s) past & future
I have attached a file that you may find helpful. It lists the albergues and distance between them.
I will post two responses for documents showing the albergues and the distances between them.

Attachments

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
Hi PokeyRN49 -

As Jill and lt56ny have posted, that stretch between Carrion and Calzadilla is the longest stretch but the good news is that in the warmer months there’s Bar Oasis open, which is around the halfway mark. The couple who run it - Rafa and Mina from memory - have a tasty selection of offerings, including a drool-worthy barbecue sausage and tomato boccadillo ...

1420D4BB-6D29-498E-8AD8-FC67D3A6940C.jpeg

It’s a cool, shady place to take a break, to take your shoes and socks off and have a toe wiggle while enjoying something delicious - happy days, taking great pleasure in the small but important things - and looking after your body too with the rest break.

Buen Camino from a fellow slow walker and cheers from Oz -

Jenny

PokeyRN49

Camino(s) past & future
(2022)
I have attached a file that you may find helpful. It lists the albergues and distance between them.

I will post two responses for documents showing the albergues and the distances between them.
Thank you so much!

Cheri SLP

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte 2015
Camino Frances—starting in January 2019!
We’re getting ready to start on January 18, and it looks like a lot of albergues are closed, so that means much longer walks some days, right? Deja vu from when we did Norte in November 2015!

Felipe

Veteran Member
Weather, not distance per se, could be a very important factor. A 25 km in a sunny day can be literally a walk in the park; a 18 km with rain, wind and muddy paths can be very dificult to manage (although, personally, I like the challenge). In October, be prepared for some moderate bad weather, especially in O Cebreiro and Galice.
Buen camino!

RRat

Camino(s) past & future
Planning 2017
The longest day is your first day so keep it short.

alhartman

346 joyful days in Spain and France since 2005
Camino(s) past & future
Hope so!
The following chart shows guidebook distances of greater than 10km between lodging.
I did it for planning because I have aged out of the 25km/day pace but still love walking.
I will also 'cheat' and use more taxis from albergues and bars to shorten now unmanageable distances.

"Stage"FromEndingKm
6Villamayor MonjardinLos Arcos12.5
7Torres del RioViana10.8
8LogronoNavarette12.8
9VentosaNajera11.0
12Villafranca Montes de OcaSan Juan Ortega12.3
14BurgosTardajos11.5
18Carrion de los CondesCalzadilla de la Cueza17.5
19SahagunBercianos10.0
20El Burgo RaneroReligios13.0

RENSHAW

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks every year on CF reaching Burgos or Leon. Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
The longest day is 17kms from Carrion de los Condes to Calzadilla de la Cueza.
It is probably the flattest , most boring stretch on the entire CF - get a taxi ;)

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock