• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a group or people to join on the camino de santi

misterdan

I am a single canadian man from Montreal living in Marbella Spain. I plan on doing the santiago walk near the end of April. I would like to join a group of people or even make a new group. I plan on walking the french route. If anyone is interested please respond here or email me : misterdanc@hotmail.com

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Misterdan and welcome to the forum. If you go to the bottom of the page and click on Camino Calendar you can see who else might be going on the same dates as you. But many as we are in this forum, we are but a fraction of the pilgrims who walk the Camino Frances - don't worry about encountering people in advance you will definitely meet other pilgrims on the way wherever you start.

Promise :)

John

MisterDan...welcome to the Forum!

As Johnnie Walker says, there are many pilgrims on the CF and you will not walk alone. You will find that, as you make your Way, you will walk several sections with the same folks stopping at the same albergues...then for one or teo more you will be with different peregrinos. Then, all of a sudden there are the folks you were walking with several days back. The CF is probably the most popular of the routes and best set up for support.

Have a fantastic time and enjoy your Camino.

Arn

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you both for the advice. I can´t wait to start my walk. I am sure it will be a very memorable experience. Oh one more question: Should I bring a small tent? Are we allowed to camp?

Hi - I just had a look and there are a lot of postings on Camping. Try the search function at the top of the page and take your pick!

Others will express their own view but the pilgrims I have met with tents - didn't use them on the Camino Frances because accommodation is so frequent and wished they didn't have them because of the extra weight. I've met several people who either sent them home or sent them on to Santiago. Some people walking longer routes for example from England or France or Gibraltar use a lightweight tent until albergues start becoming available.

I understand the attraction of camping but there aren't many organised sites available and you may be surprised at how many other pilgrms there are around on the Camino Frances.

For me its, weight weight weight!

Buen Camino

John

misterdan said:
I am a single canadian man from Montreal living in Marbella Spain. I plan on doing the santiago walk near the end of April. I would like to join a group of people or even make a new group. I plan on walking the french route. If anyone is interested please respond here or email me : misterdanc@hotmail.com

The most difficult is to walk alone!! And, youi don't know if your new group walks at your rithm or speed, if they like to remain in the same places ... During the Camino you will meet your more appropiate partners to walk.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello, I am looking for contact to friend/pillgrim Ignacio from Argentina. He started Camino sanabrese from Ourense 14.may and finished 20.may in Santiago. If you know him, please contact me.
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back