• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a very detailed map of Camino Frances

smileymadd

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (2011) VdLP (2013) Camino Portuguese (2016) Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2016) Camino Ingles (2017)
Hi, Sue here, I am looking for a very detailed map of Camino Frances that I could download and leave with my family here in Melbourne so they can follow my progress, any help would be appreciated.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
do you know how to use GPS .gpx files? I can send you a very detailed gpx track. This track can be followed nicely on Google earth. If your family turns on pictures and street view, well, they will be right there.

send me a PM and I'll give you a short lesson in map technology.

If you were to carry a GPS spot tracker, they would know exactly where you are, and you could send simple messages.

How big is the gpx file? Is it your personal one? I have most of the Camino routes from the Google Earth library, including the Camino Frances. Search for 'Camino' on the google earth site.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks newfydog, I was looking more for a map that my kids could put on the wall and follow but now that they have been checking out the Camino Frances on Google Earth at your suggestion they no longer want a paper map. They are hooked on the wonderful detail and I must admit it takes all my effort not to look at everyones photos, I want some surprises when I walk for the first time next month!

Cool! The gps reading starts at Puente La Reina.

Actually, I am even more impressed by Peter's site, and the articles there. Reading them now...

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Here's a link to GPS SPOT Tracker. They are used for a mountain bike race from Canada to Mexico and work very well. You can see just where everyone is at any time, One guy had his bike snatched outside a restaurant. He called his wife and she told him where to find it. Look like they are adding features all the time.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php

Track Progress: This feature allows you to send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress in near real time using Google Maps. With your SPOT account you have the ability to set up a SPOT Shared Page which allows you to show your SPOT GPS locations to others on a Google Map.
Read more

HOW IT WORKS:
Once activated, SPOT acquires and sends your GPS coordinates to your SPOT account automatically every 10 minutes for 24 hours or until canceled. SPOT tracking must be re-engaged to continue. Creating a SPOT Shared Page allows you to share your GPS route with your friends and family easily in near real time on the web through a personal link. You can make your Shared Page private or public. Your choice! Just share that url with your friends and family and they can easily track your adventures. You can also link your SPOT Messenger to SPOT Adventures, a social portal, where you can set up a profile and blog with others sharing their SPOT adventures.

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back