A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Lost Camera - please help

martynslater

Camino(s) past & future
My wife and I caught the bus from Santiago to Finisterre on Friday 5th June at 10am. I had my camera when we left our apartment in Santiago but when we left our new albergue in Finisterre soon after arriving it wasn`t in my bag. We don`t know if we lost in Santiago, on the bus to Finisterre or in Finisterre but we are really upset because it had all our photos of our Camino from Leon to Santiago on it (300 in total).

It is a small, silver Olympus point and shoot type camera in a soft black case. If anyone finds it or hears about it we would be very grateful and are offering a reward for its return. The camera itself is of no value - we just want the SD card with the photos.

Our email address is martynandjane@yahoo.com

Thanks so much

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 was Camino #14
Hi. I'm so sorry. :(

You might also post this on the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook page.

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
My wife and I caught the bus from Santiago to Finisterre on Friday 5th June at 10am. I had my camera when we left our apartment in Santiago but when we left our new albergue in Finisterre soon after arriving it wasn`t in my bag. We don`t know if we lost in Santiago, on the bus to Finisterre or in Finisterre but we are really upset because it had all our photos of our Camino from Leon to Santiago on it (300 in total).

It is a small, silver Olympus point and shoot type camera in a soft black case. If anyone finds it or hears about it we would be very grateful and are offering a reward for its return. The camera itself is of no value - we just want the SD card with the photos.

Our email address is martynandjane@yahoo.com

Thanks so much
I feel your pain. I didn't lose my camera, but when I reached Santiago, I replaced the SD card I had been using with a fresh one, and then packed the full SD card in my backpack. The backpack, with the SD card in it was later stolen, which meant all my photos up to that point were gone (or so I thought). Fortunately, my wife had been taking photos with her smartphone as well, so at least we had those, plus the few I had taken in Santiago and Finisterre. BUT, don't give up hope -- our backpacks were later found and recovered from the police station, and I got all my photos back. My prayer for you is that you'll be similarly blessed.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
P Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia 1
BoyRoger Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia 0

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 133 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 205 24.0%