• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LOST: My Spiral Bound Guide to the Via de la Plata

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Ok.. so it wasn't really "lost."
In fact, I left it on purpose.

I left it at the Convent in Leon after deciding it was too hot to walk the VDLP in 2011.

Now I'd like to continue the journey where I left off and guess what?
The book is inconveniently out of print!

So if you found my book, could I borrow it back?
I'll be happy to mail it back to you once my trip is over.

Here is a photo, in case you found it.
Sorry about the sentiment.. I really wasn't in my right mind! :oops:

Attachments

• guidebook small.jpg
    guidebook small.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 933
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
1. Foyles, United Kingdom Softcover, ISBN 0973169818
Publisher: Pili Pala Pr, 2004

$28.23

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Not sure where you are finding that link, but when I checked, the prices were more like this:
2 new from £81.85
2 used from £81.83

and most places said, "UNAVAILABLE"

If you can find it for $28, please send the link

Hi Annie!
My local book store has this guide book by Cole & Davies for about $42. Paperback.

Hi Annie,
I have a Cicerone guide to Via de la Plata by Alison Raju. It is the 2005 edition.

I realise I will never be able to do the long stretches on it.

If you would like it, just send your address to me at lydiagillen@gmail.com I will post it to you.

Buen Camino,
Lydia

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you have an iPhone/Touch/Pad, I've got a VDLP guide out that currently covers Sevilla to Salamanca (text, photos, maps, etc., including lots of info on the tricky sections). It was created from trips in November 2010 and March 2011, so it's very current. I'm heading back out in September to walk/write the Salamanca to Santiago portion, which you can upload free once you've purchased the app ($2.99). Check it out at http://sutromedia.com/apps/Via_de_la_Plata.

Melanie

Thanks Lydia and Melanie.
My ex has the Cicerone guide and will loan it to me. But thank you so much!

Melanie, I have your guide uploaded. Thanks.
I just really miss the other one and hope it might turn up.
You never know! :lol:
Miracles happen on the Camino!

I would suggest that you DO NOT purchase the Raju guide. I used the most recent one last month and found it to be barely better than worthless. It is badly outdated both in terms of the route and accommodations. It will lead you astray as often as helping you. From what I say other pilgrims using I think you would be better off getting a foreign language guide rather than anything in English. One of the best I saw was produced by the Amigos Del Camino De Santiago De Sevilla and I see that they now have a version in English.
http://www.viaplata.org/

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There were things about it that I liked, including my many notes.
I'd like to find mine.
It's out there . . . maybe even in the convent library!

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back