A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

lourdes to St. Jean

KennyA

Camino(s) past & future
September 2016
Hi!.. can anyone please help me how to get to St. Jean from Lourdes on public transportation? are there taxis that I can rent? what is the normal rate? How about a car rental? Can I rent a car from Lourdes and drop it off at St. Jean?
Thank you much!

Advertisment

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
Or... it's a wonderful walk from Lourdes to Canfranc, down the Aragones Route and into Puente la Reina!

Kanga

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
Train from Lourdes to Bayonne, and then to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port, or a taxi. I doubt you could drop off a hire car at St-Jean - it is only a small place. Taxi fares in France look as if they vary from about 1 euro 20 (Paris) to 1 euro 80 (Nice), plus a flag fall of a few euros. The cost would depend on the route taken - main road through Pau and Orthez would be faster but further (about 150km), or small secondary roads cross country to Marie Ste Oloron and from there to St-Jean. Have a look at a map.

We once took a taxi from Pau to get dropped back on the Le Puy route (after sending husbands home), and we negotiated a price with the taxi driver at the train station.

Advertisment

rappahannock_rev

Anglican Catholic Priest
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes, Burgos & SdeC 77; Frances 12, 15 & 17; Finisterre 17; Lourdes, Aragones 18
Or... it's a wonderful walk from Lourdes to Canfranc, down the Aragones Route and into Puente la Reina!
I know that you did it, Annie - how long did it take you? Would you do it again?

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June