• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino St Jean to Muxia in 20 days - or less !!

tigermike

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: April/May 2018. CF Aug/Sep 2018. CF May/June 2019.
CF: Aug/Sep 2019, CF: Aug/Sep 2020
Am jumping the gun here a bit guys as I don't actually start this arguably insane challenge until Sunday, September 3rd,
But its on my 'to do' list and needed to set up this page so that I can safely access it on my iPhone on a day-to-day basis once I'm on the road....
So all being well, it will go LIVE on Sunday, as I walk from St Jean the 40 odd kms to Lintzoain.
My original thread on the challenge links here :

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked shy of 40k from Orisson to Zubiri last year and ran into problems with my shins in Pamplona which luckily where not a full inflammation but troubled me up till the Meseta. While certainly the distance is a factor as well, i mainly blame myself for taking the descent from the Peak to Roncesvalles via the official way. Which is a lot steeper than the alternative via the little church at Ibaneta pass. While the latter is a bit longer, i'd recommend you consider it.
Wish you all the best for your challenge. Your timeframe is impressive.

Thanks @Anhalter but I always descend through the forest - I just love that part of the walk, even though I did bust a couple of ribs back in May this year on that stretch.
Its tricky and not for everyone and I did pay the price for my sins.
But 'never complain' is a good motto for the Camino, there's always a brighter day ahead !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Well, good luck.

I once walked all the way from Roncesvalles to Pamplona (and halfway through the city, also) in one go (with full camping gear 😂) without any issues other than being reasonably tired. It was a nice day.

Certainly wouldn't want to do that on a daily basis, though.

No idea why you want to do it, but buen Camino anyway!

After a delayed and wet arrival in St Jean Pied du Port yesterday, have never seen the river so brown and angry, (torrential rain run off from the surrounding forested hills) eventually made it safely to my accommodation for a welcome hot meal and an early night. Overslept this morning and didn’t get away until 07.15 but the rain had stopped and it was a wonderful few hours up and over the Pyrenees and down to Roncesvalles and then on via Espinal to Lintzoain and my Posada for the night at 17.30.
So just over 10 hours, 42 kms, 237 flights of stairs and 52,000 steps according to my iPhone health app 😳
Hope to be on the road by 06.30 tomorrow and get to my Albergue west of Pamplona at a more reasonable hour…
Rather tired 😴now and sleep will come easily,… I hope 🤞

BFB0B92E-E778-4EC7-8229-42B292DBE1FA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is day 2 always more exhausting than the first ?
I probably already know the answer to that but am too tired to think 😳
Anyway day 2 finished at about 17.30, very hot and dry stretch from Pamplona to Zariquiegui but made it in one piece… just !
41 kms, 54,000 steps and the usual climbs but not the same rigors as yesterday. Huge day tomorrow…Azqueta 😳
Bet you’re exhausted just reading this… I know I am !!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello hello Camino community!
My buddy @tigermike seduced me to create an account and join! This endeavour he is planning to execute is the perfect argument to do so. First of all - also on this channel - good luck in succeeding this personal challenge, much endurance, alot of cidre and of course always a bright smile whatever might happen. Thank you for taking us with you. I am looking forward to accompany this journey through this live-thread - sadly not in person!

But that does not mean I won't take this challenge myself. I want to be cocky with my youthful naivety and announce that I want to beat this challenge in the future!

So for anyone interested: I want to give a small insight of how I met this loco peregrino. How he helped me in a way to fuel up the little spark that was left into the flame that helped me through a very hard time in my life. That's for most fellow pilgrims the reason to go on this little walk. In August of 2021 I started on the Camino Frances very spontaneously with a buddy. After just a month of preparation we started. I never had in mind that I will not finish this - I call this my "silent confidence" - something untypical, because I tend to overthink. I got hooked, speeding day by day, like a bloodhound. Passing pilgrims with a "Buen Camino" and a big smile. On day three the camino family experience happened in Puente la Reina at Jakue. A gathering of people with a variety of nationalities, having too many beers, sharing things about the experience. A very exhausted old man joined and started to gain all of the attention through telling hilarious stories and his wisdom he gathered from past caminos - eloquently making everyone laugh. It was @tigermike ! Somehow we ended up continuing to SdC, because we had the same pace . Alot of joking around, sharing positivity and our eternal motivation - the breasts of Fatima - kept us going. He got me my caminoname "Mr. Happyfeet"! Everything else is history!

At the end of 2022 I got a request from him to do another Camino over Whatsapp. A gift in disguise reflecting on it. Because by being stuck in the loop of everyday life and procrastionation, I would have not considered planning to do one in the near future. A offer I could not refuse. Reliving the camino of 2021, rediscovering memories I thought were forever lost and making lots a new ones. Definetly the Camino that is the reason I will continue to do caminos over and over again in my life!

May the breasts of Fatima bless you and the cidre along the way keep your guts healthy my friend.

Mr. Happyfeet

Day 3 and made it to La Perla Negra in Azqueta. Huge rain last night that left massive puddles along most of the 42km, 56,900 step hike. The sun showed up around 10.30 this morning and went to work on the wet ground resulting in extremely high humidity.
Must have drunk almost 10 litres of fluid to compensate !
Off to Logrono in the morning and then a massive day after that to Sto Domingo…. More later, meanwhile 😴😴😴😴

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello hello Camino community!
My buddy @tigermike seduced me to create an account and join! This endeavour he is planning to execute is the perfect argument to do so. First of all - also on this channel - good luck in succeeding this personal challenge, much endurance, alot of cidre and of course always a bright smile whatever might happen. Thank you for taking us with you. I am looking forward to accompany this journey through this live-thread - sadly not in person!

But that does not mean I won't take this challenge myself. I want to be cocky with my youthful naivety and announce that I want to beat this challenge in the future!

So for anyone interested: I want to give a small insight of how I met this loco peregrino. How he helped me in a way to fuel up the little spark that was left into the flame that helped me through a very hard time in my life. That's for most fellow pilgrims the reason to go on this little walk. In August of 2021 I started on the Camino Frances very spontaneously with a buddy. After just a month of preparation we started. I never had in mind that I will not finish this - I call this my "silent confidence" - something untypical, because I tend to overthink. I got hooked, speeding day by day, like a bloodhound. Passing pilgrims with a "Buen Camino" and a big smile. On day three the camino family experience happened in Puente la Reina at Jakue. A gathering of people with a variety of nationalities, having too many beers, sharing things about the experience. A very exhausted old man joined and started to gain all of the attention through telling hilarious stories and his wisdom he gathered from past caminos - eloquently making everyone laugh. It was @tigermike ! Somehow we ended up continuing to SdC, because we had the same pace . Alot of joking around, sharing positivity and our eternal motivation - the breasts of Fatima - kept us going. He got me my caminoname "Mr. Happyfeet"! Everything else is history!

At the end of 2022 I got a request from him to do another Camino over Whatsapp. A gift in disguise reflecting on it. Because by being stuck in the loop of everyday life and procrastionation, I would have not considered planning to do one in the near future. A offer I could not refuse. Reliving the camino of 2021, rediscovering memories I thought were forever lost and making lots a new ones. Definetly the Camino that is the reason I will continue to do caminos over and over again in my life!

May the breasts of Fatima bless you and the cidre along the way keep your guts healthy my friend.

Mr. Happyfeet
Thank you Mr Happy Feet for such a warm introduction…. not so sure about the ‘old man’ part but there is a 45 year age gap between us so guess I’ll just have to suck it up 😉😉

Hello again,
a little belated update from @tigermike! He could not manage - due to his schedule and the resulting tiredness - to do so and asked me to.

Day 4 - Wednesday (Azqueta -> Logrono):
Mike still kept schedule and managed the 43km to Logrono! Even after the increasing tiredness and getting to Azqueta at 7pm the day before. This could have influenced his rythm - cutting the phase of socializing and regeneration to a minimum. But gladly it didn't. The first big mental hurdle to take on this journey and he took it with grace!

Day 5 - Thursday (Logrono -> Santo Domingo):
Day 4 was a mental hurdle. Day 5 definetly was a physical hurdle with it's 54,9km to Santo Domingo. Sitting at the plaza and permitting himself a cold beverage off the renowned Parador after was enough motivation. Hopefully he even had supper at the "Restaurante Los Caballeros", recommended by the Michelin guide! On our camino May-June we were mesmerized by the food, the service and the hard work put in by the owner!

Day 6 - Friday (Santo Domingo -> Ages)
I didn't got a short message and photo like I got the past days. So no signs, yet. But I'm confident to say he made it!

Cheering you on from my comfortable situation here from home @tigermike. Still jealous I couldn't accompany you - or not?! 🧐 You totally got this my friend.

Greets,
MrHappyfeet

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We did meet three pilgrims hiking 40+ km per day regularly this summer. They were all fit and only one was younger than 40. The older 2 were talking about trying a 60 km day as an albergue they had planned to stop at was full the next day and they weren't willing to stop at 18 km at one with open beds.

In 2018 we had a young Russian pilgrim who walked from Logroño to Grañón one day. He arrived after 9 pm and I fed him some warm stew and he went to bed, but was gone before breakfast the next morning.

Hope @tigermike will remain in good health and meet his goal!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you Mods for taking down that grossly offensive, mean spirited and totally unwarranted bovine drivel. I am happy to report that, despite mental and physical exhaustion that I haven’t experienced since military days that I arrived safely in Hornillos, on schedule albeit rather late 19.15hs.
Another very long day, 46.6kms and am looking forward to the true Meseta now as the vineyards have given way to sunflowers and vast open wheat fields. Thank you everyone for your kindness and good wishes. I can’t tell you just how much your positive energy means to me right now. All best from the Camino. Mike

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you Mods for taking down that grossly offensive, mean spirited and totally unwarranted bovine drivel. I am happy to report that, despite mental and physical exhaustion that I haven’t experienced since military days that I arrived safely in Hornillos, on schedule albeit rather late 19.15hs.
Another very long day, 46.6kms and am looking forward to the true Meseta now as the vineyards have given way to sunflowers and vast open wheat fields. Thank you everyone for your kindness and good wishes. I can’t tell you just how much your positive energy means to me right now. All best from the Camino. Mike

Ooh!

Please take pics of the golden brown ocean on meseta.

That’s one of many reasons why I love late summer, early fall caminos on CF.

Buen camino.

So, by special request from @nycwalking … some very brown Meseta pastures…

Attachments

• A2EC4ECF-5442-4417-838A-2B4B1F77A645.jpeg
    A2EC4ECF-5442-4417-838A-2B4B1F77A645.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 6F478C40-5E88-4933-9184-DFD89E9D4D88.jpeg
    6F478C40-5E88-4933-9184-DFD89E9D4D88.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 736C08E7-5E45-4B82-86D8-01A73F566AD8.jpeg
    736C08E7-5E45-4B82-86D8-01A73F566AD8.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
So the day before yesterday was another grueling one for reasons as yet unsure.
It’s probably the mind numbing march into Burgos along endless uneven ashfalt slabs that stretch credulity and endurance as one passes a seemingly endless stream of cut price sofa outlets. I normally take the scenic route along the river but was convinced the road route was shorter. If it is it certainly didn’t feel like it. If longer then WHY ?
History might suggest the river route would provide the best navigation all those centuries ago for Pilgrims of yore, and it really is quite beautiful. I walked this year at the end of May, and there were carpets of fluffy blossom everywhere…awesome.
Anyway… having trudged past miles of parked trucks eventually got into Burgos proper, through and out the other side…It was Saturday and the bars were packed with football supporters and it took all my willpower to walk on by and doggedly stick to my self imposed torture and carry on out to Hornillos

Yesterday began early, like 05.30 in Hornillos and enjoyed a glorious moonlight hike to Hontanos where the stars were so bright they threw a shadow before me. I never use a head lamp, military training again perhaps but I trust my eyes and in this, my tenth Camino, they have never let me down. Walking by the light of the night sky is truly wonderful and I was in Castrojeriz before I knew it…
Normally I stay with Fernando and family at A Cien Leguas but Fromista was yesterday’s waypoint so… Mrs Fernando, Maria, rustled me up some of her exceptional and I mean EXCEPTIONAL squash soup and after a delightful hour of great food, conversation and Descanso I bade farewell and trudged away and up that pesky bump in the landscape that keeps the town separated from tribal invaders from Palencia !!
Made it safely to Fromista, 19.30, and you can only imagine the comments from showered and changed peregrinos tucking into their evening meal as I strode by with an air of determined self preservation !
Probably had the last laugh though as enjoyed the most fabulous late supper at Los Palmeros where, after a glorious meal I had a gin and tonic made at my table for dessert !
In case you’re wondering…
If this little adventure I’m on is scheming to kill me… then I don’t want my last meal to be Jello !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Fromista to Carrion in the dark and thundering rain this morning…
Let’s leave it at that
Managed the 17kms from the gas station to Calzadilla in 2hrs 42min, @MrHappyfeet is furious with me 😡
From there to the wonderful Albergue Morena in Ledigos where I simply must give a special shout out to Daniela for exceptional kindness and consideration to a clearly exhausted old fart !

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@tigermike , really enjoying your thread, thanks for posting even though you must be absolutely beat at the end of every day.
Noticed one little oddity - Day 1, 42km -52,000 steps. Day 2, 41km -54,000. Day 3, 42 km - 56,900..... . Is it the terrain, your body trying to tell you something, or have your legs worn down to the stubs?

No wonder you stopped including the stats....

Good point and I should have mentioned it earlier. Today, for example, my iPhone 8 health/walking app only registered 32kms from Fromista to Calzadilla de La Cueza. As most people accept, Fromista to Carrion is more or less 20km and then a further 18. Ergo 38 plus an additional 7 to Ledigos making a daily total of 45, give or take.
So what went wrong ?
Because of the rain I moved my iPhone from lower shorts pocket to inside and dry breast pocket of my Jottnar mountain jacket. After Carrion I strapped it up to my waist belt linked to the power pack and blasted Dire Straights, Clapton, Eagles you name it into my ears all the way to Calzadilla.
So either it can’t multitask or…
It needs to be thrown around my left leg with every pace in order to register…
Whatever…
Very disappointing because it’s killed my killer average (ca 45 km/day) on the stats page ☹️

Just checked the app.
55,968 steps and 38.9 kms.
And that’s with all the post arrival running around…
Clearly something ain’t right…🤔

Okay guys it’s official.
I am certifiably loco 😜
Leon in 10 1/2 days 🤪👍
That's amazing - took me 10 days getting from Burgos to Villefrancha del bierzo where I am now. My longest was Carrion de los condes to Bercianos that nearly killed me but especially my feet.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That's amazing - took me 10 days getting from Burgos to Villefrancha del bierzo where I am now. My longest was Carrion de los condes to Bercianos that nearly killed me but especially my feet.
Are you at La Perala ?
Great place and have stayed often. Dropped in yesterday around 3pm on my way from m Ledigos to Reliegos to say ‘hola’ to the lovely lady owner and her excellent staff.

Today was grueling and I hit a brick wall at Villadangos, about 5kms short of my target in St Martin.
A blood blister exploded in my left foot and thought it wise to get myself a room and attend to the damage with antiseptic ointment and dressing rather than risk a nasty infection further on.
I can easily make up the kms tomorrow and will, I’m sure, hit Rabanal on schedule.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You still look pretty perky despite the miles and the blister!
My blisters developed blisters, bless them…. Quite a little family to keep me company.
The ‘water’ variant are seldom an issue.. a needle and thread usually sorts them out, with lashings of antiseptic cream.
The ‘blood’ variety demand respect however ….
I have visited fellow peregrinos in hospital with sepsis so a very serious infection can develop rapidly… just saying’…

Yes, I am a nurse and appreciate that you are taking care of things before they become a problem. Hope they are better tomorrow and you can return to your accelerated Camino!
Thanks for the kind words. I’ll check in the morning but after a good night’s rest I should be good to go…

The ‘water’ variant are seldom an issue.. a needle and thread usually sorts them out, with lashings of antiseptic cream.
The ‘blood’ variety demand respect however ….
I have visited fellow peregrinos in hospital with sepsis so a very serious infection can develop rapidly… just saying’…
To avoid infection I would keep thread out of any kind of blister.

To avoid infection I would keep thread out of any kind of blister.
Agreed of course. Thread must be 💯 sterile and then you really must know what you’re doing. So absolutely Sir, mea culpa, not a ready solution for the uninitiated….

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Agreed of course. Thread must be 💯 sterile and then you really must know what you’re doing. So absolutely Sir, mea culpa, not a ready solution for the uninitiated….
Ex military? Been there, done that. When you know how to and are careful, it works. Can go awfully wrong though if you are inexperienced 😳 Many things I do myself I would never give as advice to anyone else 😉

Hola @tigermike I can understand that some uncaring "dumbo" would have made crass remarks about your daily walking targets (good job on the mods cleaning it up) - but hey "its your camino". I have to say I was impressed with some of the distances you walked. I cycled from Pamplona in 2015 and some your distances were 10 or moe km longer than my cycled distance. All I can say is watch your steps coming down from the Cruz de Fero to Ponferrada. Cheers

Are you at La Perala ?
Great place and have stayed often. Dropped in yesterday around 3pm on my way from m Ledigos to Reliegos to say ‘hola’ to the lovely lady owner and her excellent staff.
No - In Villafrancha del bierzo. Going up to towards o'cebreiro but stopping at la faba. This is a short day today. Like you - I'm dealing with blisters too. Have also had a blood blister - I dealt with immediately.

16 hours on the road today, over 72,000 steps but only 46.3 recorded kms…???
Okay so I have been hobbling.
My left foot post blood blister evacuation gave me a great deal of discomfort all day.
But it wasn’t until I eventually reached my hotel in Rabanal, stripped down and bath ready, that I saw why…..
A monster blood blister had developed probably 60mm square.
Operation went well, I have a good emergency kit, so now it must rest.
I have to say though that I am not optimistic….
The towel might have to be thrown in….😡😡

€149,-
And I know that it might be hard, but it would probably be better to take a full day off and keep off your feet rather than do a half day - because in your case that's still 20 - 25 km!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And I know that it might be hard, but it would probably be better to take a full day off and keep off your feet rather than do a half day - because in your case that's still 20 - 25 km!

BTW, I speak from experience (bad experience!) I developed shin splints on my 3rd Camino and continued on for several days, carrying my full pack until I literally couldn't walk any more. I ended up having to abandon my Camino after 720 km. If I had taken a break when I first had a problem I have no doubt that I would have made it to Santiago. That's how I know that it's so hard to take a day off - even when you really need it!

16 hours on the road today, over 72,000 steps but only 46.3 recorded kms…???
Okay so I have been hobbling.
My left foot post blood blister evacuation gave me a great deal of discomfort all day.
But it wasn’t until I eventually reached my hotel in Rabanal, stripped down and bath ready, that I saw why…..
A monster blood blister had developed probably 60mm square.
Operation went well, I have a good emergency kit, so now it must rest.
I have to say though that I am not optimistic….
The towel might have to be thrown in….😡😡
On my last Camino I had a problem similar to yours. Due to a shoe problem. I was making between 30-40 each day but on one day I was slow as a snake and everyone kept rushing past me thinking "someone help that poor old man". I ordered myself to take it easy the following day and so It did. In the end I rushed past all of those that got past me later on the camino. So I did partially recover.

While my mileage was lower than yours and my feet not really as bad as yours, I guess still you have a chance to enjoy it after one or two days with short distances.
A blister / open flesh as you describe is not going to heal during your trip, you are certainly aware of that. So it will be painful and you have to have a closer watch.

Thanks everyone but I am very sorry to say my Camino is finished.
My foot is not going to heal up anytime soon and a wise pilgrim knows when he’s beaten.
I had no intention last night of posting this image and the mods are at liberty to take it down if they feel it too gross. But it serves as a salutary reminder that we must all, always, take care of our feet.
I broke the rules and am now paying the price…..

Attachments

• EAA95CEC-7106-4600-9068-A71B3A72253C.jpeg
    EAA95CEC-7106-4600-9068-A71B3A72253C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 53
  • 7A079B9C-19B0-459F-B511-5FCEE705DBB1.jpeg
    7A079B9C-19B0-459F-B511-5FCEE705DBB1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
My foot is not going to heal up anytime soon and a wise pilgrim knows when he’s beaten.
I had no intention last night of posting this image and the mods are at liberty to take it down if they feel it too gross. But it serves as a salutary reminder that we must all, always, take care of our feet.
Seeing this I take back what I wrote... you must stop and so you wisely do.

You are not beaten, but you went to or over the limits and you respect the limits now. Nothing wrong with that at all!
Rest, heal ... and restart when life allows! The Camino is always there and patiently waits for you to return.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yikes - my b-blister was the size of a pea and it's all fine now. In fact - my feet are in top shape, so it's onwards but in a slightly slower speed. I have settled with only 30 km a day.

Good luck to you Tigermike, and may you come back to Spain another time.

OMG. Now THATS a Blister with a capital B. How you could walk at all with something like that is beyond my understanding and i hope you'll find the proper treatment for it.

As for stopping the project, i applaud your hard decision. I had to make a similar one in May when i had to quit a 100k hike i had prepared extensively for just after the halfway point because my body told me that otherwise things will get damaged. It sucked then and i feel that it will suck for you now, but there is no argument for ruining your body over some ambition.

Sorry to hear you had to stop!

Your blister reminds me of Manny, the many headed monster blister that stopped me for a while on my walk last year. It was at least three layers of blister under blister deep. No way that you can continue with such an injury, and certainly not at your pace. Too much of a risk for infection if a giant blood blister like that pops. And it certainly won't heal in a day or two.

I have no idea why you were so determined to walk that distance in such a short time, but whatever it is, it must be important to you, and very difficult to make that decision to stop... but certainly the right decision with that kind of injury.

I hope you can still see that you're incredibly strong for making it that far. If I walk three 40km days in a row, I need two rest days afterwards... at least. Many will never walk such distances even for one day.

Get well soon, and thank you for sharing the ups and downs. I hope your foot heals quickly.

A magnificent effort @tigermike You have made the courageous decision. I enjoyed your posts very much. As well as your amazing physical effort and perseverance, your sense of humour shone brightly through your updates. Bravo to you. And to your amigo, @MrHappyfeet too. I hope your feet will also be Happy Feet soon.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and wishes. Naturally I am extremely disappointed by what has happened but…
I have learned the hard way over the years to listen to my body. The night before last when I popped the minor blood blister obviously didn’t do the business. Yesterday was grueling to say the least. A 5 o’clock start to make up the 6km deficit to San Martin and then the day’s trek to Rabanal. I arrived around 8.30pm, and that’s way too many hours and I knew something was wrong….
So for now I remain in Rabanal, foot cleansed, dressed and elevated. There is no doubt my Camino is finished so now begins the arrangement of travel plans back to the UK.
Some may be curious why I haven’t yet sought emergency medical help.. and I would naturally advise anyone in my situation to do precisely that. But I have ocean sailing skipper on my skill sets and with that comes an ability to stitch yourself up in times of crisis !
My foot issue, although unpleasant, is manageable. The hardest part will be dealing with the emotional disappointment….
I was so close, so close 🥲🥲

€149,-
Thanks to everyone for your kind words and wishes. Naturally I am extremely disappointed by what has happened but…
I have learned the hard way over the years to listen to my body. The night before last when I popped the minor blood blister obviously didn’t do the business. Yesterday was grueling to say the least. A 5 o’clock start to make up the 6km deficit to San Martin and then the day’s trek to Rabanal. I arrived around 8.30pm, and that’s way too many hours and I knew something was wrong….
So for now I remain in Rabanal, foot cleansed, dressed and elevated. There is no doubt my Camino is finished so now begins the arrangement of travel plans back to the UK.
Some may be curious why I haven’t yet sought emergency medical help.. and I would naturally advise anyone in my situation to do precisely that. But I have ocean sailing skipper on my skill sets and with that comes an ability to stitch yourself up in times of crisis !
My foot issue, although unpleasant, is manageable. The hardest part will be dealing with the emotional disappointment….
I was so close, so close 🥲🥲
I admire your reaction. There are many sayings about experience and wisdom and discretion, but you know them all. I just say, congrats, you did your level best. Safe trip home.

@tigermike , I seriously feel for you.
But whilst you haven't succeeded in what you set out to do, neither have you failed.

The only real failure, is failing to try.
Thank you so much kind Sir. Am feeling understandably down and dejected right now and your words are genuinely appreciated.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
First and foremost, thank you, thank you to everyone for your kind comments, condolences (?) and best wishes.

Baled out of Rabanal yesterday morning at 06.30, a waiting taxi took me to Astorga train station from whence I caught the 07.07 to Palencia and changed for the northbound train to Santander. I love train journeys, and this one didn’t disappoint meandering as it did through some truly spectacular scenery. We stopped short of Santander and were taken the final half hour or so by bus.

With a few hours to kill before my 16.15 RyanAir flight to London Stansted, I searched TripAdvisor for recommendations for a top fish and seafood restaurant as I wanted my last meal in Spain, for now, to be memorable and fresh-caught fish, prepared by a top chef, is hard to beat in my book.
So after a brief taxi ride to ‘Pena Candil’ and I was treated to a truly excellent lunch; its odd just how great food can warm the soul at times – and I don’t mind confessing that I was in need of cheering up.

You don’t want to hear about the next few hours of flight delays, bus+train+taxi journeys until I eventually unlocked my front door at about 11pm…all I can say is that it felt good to be home.

Earlier in the day I received word from my South African cardiologist buddy Mark – he saved my life following a cardiac ‘event’ back in 2005 and we have been great friends ever since.
He double-stented me at the time but the accompanying angiogram revealed further ‘issues’ that were eventually resolved with a triple-bypass in January 2006.

Over the years Mark has been my go-to guy in times of need. He is an elite sportsman, father of three and internationally renowned for some of his pioneering procedures in angioplasty. Each year he competed in, inter alia, The Cape Argus Cycle Tour, a 109km race around the Cape Peninsular consistently crossing the finish line in under three hours. It was Mark who suggested I take up road cycling as heart muscle damage had curtailed my running days. Last year was my tenth ‘Argus’ and although I will never manage a ‘sub-three’ or ‘sub-four’ for that matter, I did get close once !

Anyway, because of my heart condition I was always flagged by the organisers for a pre-race medical and failure means no-race. Of course I always failed; BP and blood-work off the charts...
So I would then ask the medics to call up Mark and he would always intervene on my behalf and reassure them that I was good-to-go, even taking personal responsibility if something went wrong – which it never did and I loved every single race.
35,000 people from around the world compete very year in early March with the entire road system closed off for the day – what a privilege !

Mark organised the comprehensive medical kit for my trans-Atlantic ocean sailing voyage in 2015 and ensured that I was capable of using it. And these days I carry a much, much scaled down version with me on every Camino.

So it was naturally Mark I needed to contact once I was in Rabanal and the full extent of my foot issue became apparent. Mark, being Mark of course, was trekking at the time with friends in the Zimbabwean Mountains with only a Sat-Phone with which to communicate. True to form he got back to me as soon as he was able, around mid-morning yesterday, with his expert diagnosis. A classic over-use injury, the blood blister not caused by abrasion but simply by excessive strain.

That 16-hour or so plod the day before – I overdid it plain and simple – believing, as ever, that I am in some daft way ‘invincible’. Well it turns out that I’m not - lesson painfully learned and not to be forgotten….

So 541kms in 12 days proved to be too much for this stubborn septuagenarian peregrino and is not to be repeated, or perhaps even attempted by others, without very serious forethought and preparation.

Just have to say that I am one lucky guy and even though I failed, at least gave it my best shot and, apart from that final day, it was an awesome experience. I am also blessed with having such good and loyal friends and the solid medical knowledge to patch myself up in times of need. A hiking boot is a dark and fetid breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria and I was fortunately able to dodge the potentially catastrophic sepsis bullet.

For anyone out there with a similar threatening condition, DO NOT do as I did, YOU MUST seek urgent medical assistance.

The Camino is there to be loved and appreciated in all its beauty, enjoy the experience, walk with a smile and if things go awry, STOP and endeavour to put it right without delay.

Don’t do as I did, I am completely loco – you probably all guessed that by now, meanwhile…

Hasta la vista y..

Buen Camino !

First and foremost, thank you, thank you to everyone for your kind comments, condolences (?) and best wishes.

Baled out of Rabanal yesterday morning at 06.30, a waiting taxi took me to Astorga train station from whence I caught the 07.07 to Palencia and changed for the northbound train to Santander. I love train journeys, and this one didn’t disappoint meandering as it did through some truly spectacular scenery. We stopped short of Santander and were taken the final half hour or so by bus.

With a few hours to kill before my 16.15 RyanAir flight to London Stansted, I searched TripAdvisor for recommendations for a top fish and seafood restaurant as I wanted my last meal in Spain, for now, to be memorable and fresh-caught fish, prepared by a top chef, is hard to beat in my book.
So after a brief taxi ride to ‘Pena Candil’ and I was treated to a truly excellent lunch; its odd just how great food can warm the soul at times – and I don’t mind confessing that I was in need of cheering up.

You don’t want to hear about the next few hours of flight delays, bus+train+taxi journeys until I eventually unlocked my front door at about 11pm…all I can say is that it felt good to be home.

Earlier in the day I received word from my South African cardiologist buddy Mark – he saved my life following a cardiac ‘event’ back in 2005 and we have been great friends ever since.
He double-stented me at the time but the accompanying angiogram revealed further ‘issues’ that were eventually resolved with a triple-bypass in January 2006.

Over the years Mark has been my go-to guy in times of need. He is an elite sportsman, father of three and internationally renowned for some of his pioneering procedures in angioplasty. Each year he competed in, inter alia, The Cape Argus Cycle Tour, a 109km race around the Cape Peninsular consistently crossing the finish line in under three hours. It was Mark who suggested I take up road cycling as heart muscle damage had curtailed my running days. Last year was my tenth ‘Argus’ and although I will never manage a ‘sub-three’ or ‘sub-four’ for that matter, I did get close once !

Anyway, because of my heart condition I was always flagged by the organisers for a pre-race medical and failure means no-race. Of course I always failed; BP and blood-work off the charts...
So I would then ask the medics to call up Mark and he would always intervene on my behalf and reassure them that I was good-to-go, even taking personal responsibility if something went wrong – which it never did and I loved every single race.
35,000 people from around the world compete very year in early March with the entire road system closed off for the day – what a privilege !

Mark organised the comprehensive medical kit for my trans-Atlantic ocean sailing voyage in 2015 and ensured that I was capable of using it. And these days I carry a much, much scaled down version with me on every Camino.

So it was naturally Mark I needed to contact once I was in Rabanal and the full extent of my foot issue became apparent. Mark, being Mark of course, was trekking at the time with friends in the Zimbabwean Mountains with only a Sat-Phone with which to communicate. True to form he got back to me as soon as he was able, around mid-morning yesterday, with his expert diagnosis. A classic over-use injury, the blood blister not caused by abrasion but simply by excessive strain.

That 16-hour or so plod the day before – I overdid it plain and simple – believing, as ever, that I am in some daft way ‘invincible’. Well it turns out that I’m not - lesson painfully learned and not to be forgotten….

So 541kms in 12 days proved to be too much for this stubborn septuagenarian peregrino and is not to be repeated, or perhaps even attempted by others, without very serious forethought and preparation.

Just have to say that I am one lucky guy and even though I failed, at least gave it my best shot and, apart from that final day, it was an awesome experience. I am also blessed with having such good and loyal friends and the solid medical knowledge to patch myself up in times of need. A hiking boot is a dark and fetid breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria and I was fortunately able to dodge the potentially catastrophic sepsis bullet.

For anyone out there with a similar threatening condition, DO NOT do as I did, YOU MUST seek urgent medical assistance.

The Camino is there to be loved and appreciated in all its beauty, enjoy the experience, walk with a smile and if things go awry, STOP and endeavour to put it right without delay.

Don’t do as I did, I am completely loco – you probably all guessed that by now, meanwhile…

Hasta la vista y..

Buen Camino !
It has been great following you! You have not failed: Those who don't try, fail. Miserably.

Greetings from a fellow ex. army man and skipper in Arctic Norway, not so far from Kiruna.

€60,-

Hasta la vista y..

Buen Camino !
Forgot to say: In my army days, I had great fun trying to teach British (and other NATO soldiers) how to master the art of skiing and winter warfare, with only some success.... :)

541km in 12 days and he calls that failed 🤦🏼‍♂️ as someone who has “paused” a camino before (shin splints) I know the next few days will be mentally difficult but you have invigorated and enthused many on here with your exploit, I personally loved checking to see how you were doing so as us brits normally do…chin up mate you’ll be fine 😁 but in reality you’ll ride the rollercoaster of emotions no matter what anyone says and one day not too far from now you’ll be back in Spain putting one foot in front of the other…buen camino mi amigo 👍

So 541kms in 12 days proved to be too much for this stubborn septuagenarian peregrino
Ummmm.
I'm in awe. That'd be a feat for any 35 year-old, let alone someone twice that age.
541km in 12 days and he calls that failed
Yeah, right!?
Maybe you didn't do what you set out to do. But that's hardly failure. Failure's not even trying.

A hiking boot is a dark and fetid breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria and I was fortunately able to dodge the potentially catastrophic sepsis bullet
Indeed.
For that reason I never walk with them on the Camino anymore. Lighter more breathable footwear is perfect - the more breathable the better.

Welcome home, @tigermike , and I hope that blister heals up well!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Hasta la vista y..

Buen Camino !
You are such an inspiration! Also, you have the best of consultants! Given what you have shared, once the disapointment subsides, and the seriously painful blisters - oh! You were so lucky to overshoot sepsis! - keep us posted on the next impossible challenge you dream up!

G'Day @tigermike ,
The following is said with as much respect as I can muster. But first I never really understood why you could only, or did assign 20 days to complete this pilgrimage. But that no longer matters.
That you are now home and I expect receiving the benefits of the famous UK health system is paramount.
Now for the words of wisdom. From practical experience of long walks both here in Australia and on the Camino, when you feel the beginnings of a "hot spot" the best advice is always to stop, take of all foot coverings and inspect the affected area. From your first aid kit apply an appropriate cover. Walking "through" the pain is not, IMHO, not a good plan. Spain does have great medical facilities (doctors, hospitals and even local chemists/pharmacies) who can provide the necessary preventative remedies.

As I have often posted I am a two sock walker (thin liner toe socks with thicker outer socks). When I stop for lunch or coffee the walking boots and outer socks come off to allow my feet to breath.

As some of my "fellow pilgrims" have posted the Camino, in whichever gise you determine will still be there. Come back next Spring, start in Leon and complete this pilgrimage. A true "Buen Camino" from down under.

My heel is healing nicely and without the ministrations and/or intervention of an already over-burdened NHS. For those who don’t necessarily follow the UK news, our Junior Doctors and Consultants are currently on strike, waiting lists for both routine and complex procedures run into the many millions and a visit to A & E (accident and emergency) can not only last 12 hours or more but result in an infection completely unrelated to the business at hand.

As mentioned in an earlier post; annoying, unpleasant and uncomfortable as this injury might be, it is, nonetheless, entirely manageable. And after over 72 hours of comparative rest, frequent changes of dressings and analgesics when required, the recuperative process is well underway. By the end of this week, all being well, I should be ‘back on my feet’; bruised and battered foot and self esteem notwithstanding…

My original post clearly states that I would prefer not to discuss personal motives, and that remains the case today. Why do certain individuals attempt anything beyond the so-called norm ?

Why did I undertake three back-to-back Caminos in 2021 (CF+CP+Primitivo) 67 days on the road and over 1800 kms in total without a break other than train/travel time and, importantly, without any foot issue whatsoever ??

What possessed me to get up early one morning in June this year and climb up and over O Cebreiro, down through Fonfria, Triacastela, Sarria and out to Barbadelo, a total of 55km, eventually arriving at 20.30hrs ??

The answer to that is simple, my friend @MrHappyfeet had a cold beer, a bear-hug, and a smile waiting…

Motivation enough some would agree; others might say an idiotic and hare-brained undertaking…

Point being, we are all different, our endurance and capability levels varied and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to the Camino – or anything else in life as far as I can see.

For that reason it is neither particularly helpful or considerate to hurl pearls of hindsight-infused wisdom at anyone in my situation, especially when admission of error/stupidity has already been confessed, namely: “That 16-hour or so plod the day before – I overdid it plain and simple – believing, as ever, that I am in some daft way ‘invincible’. Well it turns out that I’m not - lesson painfully learned and not to be forgotten….”

And so with the passing of time this sore foot of mine will become but a memory of a madcap adventure that went wrong. There can be no doubt that, once the seriousness of the matter became apparent, my ‘challenge’ had to be aborted.

Words cannot describe my frustration and disappointment, the decision to fly home, tail between legs, prematurely….after all the hard training, the sheer joy of the first 10 days, that 6.2 km/h hike from Carrion to Calzadilla where it felt as though I was walking on air…

The wonderful people I met on the way; Megan at Stansted airport, Katya from Southern Germany, Rick and Sue from Colorado, Andrew and Beth from England, Lasse from Uddevalla and so many, many more who wished me well.

Today, as I sit poking away at my laptop, foot elevated and still weeping the occasional discharge of such recovering wounds, I count myself truly blessed.

Fast or slow, long days or short, the Camino is arguably one of the most spectacular and rejuvenating spiritual journeys on the planet.

So thank you all again for your kindness and esprit de corps…

I will be back, oh yeah – you can count on that !

@tigermike a friend of mine once ran the entire mainland coast of the UK, a marathon a day, it took him almost a year…why did he do it…because he wanted to try 🤷🏼‍♂️ adventure sometimes lies in a mad cap idea which clearly until the point of stopping brought you great pleasure. I still applaud your attempt and can’t wait to see what you think up next 👍 good luck bud

Hi again @tigermike - your recent posts remind me of one of my favourite quotes. Ok, maybe a bit 'over the top' for some, but these words from Theodore Roosevelt, that can be applied to so many of life's circumstances, came to mind ...

The man in the arena

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

@tigermike a friend of mine once ran the entire mainland coast of the UK, a marathon a day, it took him almost a year…why did he do it…because he wanted to try 🤷🏼‍♂️ adventure sometimes lies in a mad cap idea which clearly until the point of stopping brought you great pleasure. I still applaud your attempt and can’t wait to see what you think up next 👍 good luck bud

Thank you Paul, a brother-in-arms indeed by the sound of it.
Someone mentioned to me on Sunday that 541kms (336 miles) in 12 days is more than a marathon a day; 45kms and 28 miles respectively....he was trying to cheer me up, bless him.
At the time I was thinking of a Tiger Woods quote: "second sucks"....
Well that and the time back in 2014 when I was forced into a wall on a cycle race, crashed badly and had to retire. Thing is, retiring early from anything one has worked hard for in preparation 'sucks' but the important thing to remember, always, is that life keeps these pesky curve balls to teach us a lesson every once in a while..
As my dear Camino friend Liliane taught me earlier this year, the question should not be about why...
But rather: what for ?

Last edited:

You carpe'd diem and it's impressive. Fortunately (or..unfortunately) the body is wise, and on the camino, the body tends to call the shots.

When I walked Le Puy, France to Santiago in 2019, I met a Frenchman who pulled 40+km days...EVERYDAY. He did the entire walk to from Le Puy to Santiago in 5 weeks, no joke. For him, the walk was purely endurance-driven, as he often ran marathons. It was sort of baked into his personality.

Bow down to your wise body...sometimes that's the way it goes. Don't forget the joy and memories you created!

Ultreia!

Thank you Paul, a brother-in-arms indeed by the sound of it.
Someone mentioned to me on Sunday that 541kms (336 miles) in 12 days is more than a marathon a day; 45kms and 28 miles respectively....he was trying to cheer me up, bless him.
At the time I was thinking of a Tiger Woods quote: "second sucks"....
Well that and the time back in 2014 when I was forced into a wall on a cycle race, crashed badly and had to retire. Thing is, retiring early from anything one has worked hard for in preparation 'sucks' but the important thing to remember, always, is that life keeps these pesky curve balls to teach us a lesson every once in a while..
As my dear Camino friend Liliane taught me earlier this year, the question should not be about why...
But rather: what for ?
A man from my hometown, a passionate runner, was doing one marathon/day for the whole CF a few years ago, for a charity. If I remember correctly, it took him 18-19 days.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A man from my hometown, a passionate runner, was doing one marathon/day for the whole CF a few years ago, for a charity. If I remember correctly, it took him 18-19 days.
Snap… the night before I did the CF I had dinner with an English chap who was running it at just over a marathon a day. I think he was planning to get to SDC in 16 days or so. I never saw him again after he ran past me next next morning (not surprisingly as it took me 26 days) but I often wonder how it all went!

‘Feats’ alway fascinate me, and for every breathtaking challenge there are always people who go a stage further, such as those who aren’t just content to climb Everest, but who do it without oxygen!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi again @tigermike - your recent posts remind me of one of my favourite quotes. Ok, maybe a bit 'over the top' for some, but these words from Theodore Roosevelt, that can be applied to so many of life's circumstances, came to mind ...

The man in the arena

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Wow @Pelerina, such moving and powerful words; thank you so much for aiming them, however obliquely, in my general direction - am truly humbled, bless you.
They serve as a salutary reminder to many, on this forum and other media platforms, (where it is perhaps so satisfyingly convenient to hide behind an anonymous avatar and snipe), that human endeavour and achievement has invariably in the past (and hopefully always will be) been enriched by those possessed of an insatiable urge to strive for that extra mile. And especially for those who failed, however dark and miserable that abyss of defeat may feel in the moment, that their efforts count for something..
What I set out to accomplish, in the great scheme of things, was nothing of any great import.
However that didn't stop me wondering, during those long, long lonely hours on the road; What if I actually pull this off ?
Could it become 'a thing' ?
Might this not inspire others ?
Could a professionally organised challenge raise much-needed charitable funds ?
As something of a ticking-time-bomb myself, could a trail be blazed ??
Fanciful perhaps but this old peregrino has form, in another arena and another life, a difference was made.
All it takes is a spark...

Hello everyone.

Its now been 12 days since I was forced to retire from my self-imposed Camino challenge with a serious foot injury. The recovery process has been difficult and am still experiencing electrifying stabs of pain in the wound as my heel gradually heals and begins to fully support my weight again.
Yesterday I went back to my favourite training ground, Ickworth Park in Suffolk, and walked the 5km circuit that I have done many hundreds of times in recent years, in order to see just how far I was progressing.
The skin over that horrific blood blister had hardened to the extent there was no concern about chafing or, more worryingly, opening the wound again. But the area around it, still bruised and tender from the swelling, meant that I limped/hobbled most of the way.
Have to say that it really did feel WONDERFUL to be back on my feet, in the late afternoon sunshine, in spite of the discomfort.
I'll rest today and see how I feel about another attempt tomorrow.
The past several days have given me a good deal of time for reflection and I am reluctantly beginning to conclude that, walking approx 900kms in 20 days or less, was never a particularly sensible idea for a man of my age to begin with.
Sure, I could have taken more breaks, elevating my feet thereby allowing the blood to circulate better - but would it have made any difference ?
In the 12 days it took me to cover 541 kms, I was essentially on my feet and walking for six of them !
That is to say of those total 288 hours I was hiking for almost 140. An average speed of less than 4k/h.
Not especially fast I grant you, but it was the relentless pace, without a rest day, that did it for me in the end.
I was slowing down, my body was telling me to ease up, and I didn't listen. BIG mistake !
Another important factor I believe was lack of proper deep sleep.
Some people, I have noticed over my many Caminos, have no difficulty in getting those precious and rejuvenating hours of slumber - by contrast I seem to awaken frequently throughout the night, my sleep thus interrupted - aching limbs, a strange bed, adrenaline still pumping ?
I don't know, all I can say is that I sleep like a baby at home, and within minutes of my head hitting the pillow - so why can't I fall into a deep, deep sleep after so much long and exhausting physical exercise ?
Whatever the case, there is likely to be a combination of factors that brought this most recent Camino to such an abrubt ending.
So would I have another go ?
Most probably not.
Even if I could discover some magic formula to cover the daily distances without physical injury, there is still the all-important issue of the mental pressure. It was tough, there's no denying it; extremely tough at times...
Nevertheless I approached this, as I have tried in the past to approach other great challenges, not by obsessing negatively about the ordeal at hand, rather by understanding that by taking each day at a time, I was taking another bite out of the overall task and therefore getting closer to my goal with every step.
Visual hurdles are important in the process, milestones, those first 100kms, passing the halfway line and, for me, the most spiritually important of all, Cruz de Ferro. And I got so close, so very very close.
From there on, my past experience has shown me, after the huge emotional unburdening that consumes me up there, the final one third of the CF is a comparative breeze...
So much so that even after Sarria, with all those additional people to contend with, I tend to slow down considerably - not wanting my Camino to end - a sentiment that I share with many others on this platform I have no doubt....

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back