Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

'Love, Light & Nature'

• Thread starter Deleted member 73892
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73892

‚Love, Light & Nature‘ The sign-off I adopted after my second Camino (The Francés)

Love I felt for others, the world around me; the Love people gave me along the Way. Love I witnessed.
Light in peoples eyes and hearts and smile; kind and wise words; the memorable sunrise and sunsets.
Nature in abundance and of immense diversity; insects I‘ve only encountered on Camino; snakes on my path, birds, trees... Strangers helping strangers, the kindness and love in human nature.

I could have adopted ‚Rain, Pain & Blisters‘ as my sign- off, or ‚Vomit, Diarrhea & Bellyache‘, but I wouldn‘t wish those experiences on anyone and they would not be well received, I'm sure.

What would your new sign-off be, considering your Camino experiences?

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
D

Deleted member 43985

While not an original thought, I can't help but think of the late Steve Jobs and his advice to the graduating class at Stanford when he said "Stay hungry, stay foolish".

I hope I will always hunger to learn more, share more and experience more and I hope that I will always be foolish enough to not take the advice of those who tell me I cannot accomplish, do or be more than I was yesterday...

David

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
During the Roman empire the aristocracy and soldiers greeting was "Health and Joy" or "Health and Great Joy", which I rather like .. and when asked how I am .. hotel reception etc, I always answer "life is good" (and mean it, deeply).

but - ah .. sign off's? Not quite certain but I think my generic one tends to be "All is Well" but if it is a supportive and/or religious response message I end with "in your heart and home, Peace".

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
During the Roman empire the aristocracy and soldiers greeting was "Health and Joy" or "Health and Great Joy", which I rather like .. and when asked how I am .. hotel reception etc, I always answer "life is good" (and mean it, deeply).

but - ah .. sign off's? Not quite certain but I think my generic one tends to be "All is Well" but if it is a supportive and/or religious response message I end with "in your heart and home, Peace".
It reminds me of a line from the the Christian religious song... "It is well, it is well with my soul".

Derrybiketours

A journey of 500 miles begins with one step!
SJPdeP-FIN(09/2018)
PORTO-SANT(11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe(01/2019)
SJPdeP- SANT(09/2019)
Madrid(7/2020)
I'm not sure what a sign-off is but before, during and after I have a HELL of a time!
Hope, go forward with it!
Expectation, leave it behind!
Live, your fullest potential!
Love, give out!
🤠

I LOVE “ In your heart and home, Peace.” Can I borrow that to sign my Christmas cards next year? “ All is well” is also perfect, unless all isn’t well. Of course all is always well in a mystical sense.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

David

Veteran Member
I LOVE “ In your heart and home, Peace.” Can I borrow that to sign my Christmas cards next year? “ All is well” is also perfect, unless all isn’t well. Of course all is always well in a mystical sense.

Absolutely! The only thing I ever tried to copyright was the word 'copyright' and that didn't work :D:D:D

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
I have NO intention to sign off in the future! Having a new Camino shot in April-May, celebrating my 66th birthday. :cool: Hope to see you on the road again, @David.

Aaahhhh: There it is: "On the Road again!" :D

lovingkindness

Veteran Member

My sign-in + sign-off every single day since walking through the Baltic States (2017) has been,

I'm alive!

(When anyone asks how I am that's what I say: I am alive! Sometimes I add a resounding, Hallelujah, but this gets a few shocked looks, so mostly i just say, with all the astonishment and gratitude I feel, I Am Alive! That seems to cover it. Without Life there is nothing else)

Last edited:

elleley

Frances (16); Leon-Sarria, Ourense-SdC (17), Burgos-Leon (17), Porto-SdC (18), SalvadorPrimitivo(19)
‚Love, Light & Nature‘ The sign-off I adopted after my second Camino (The Francés)

Love I felt for others, the world around me; the Love people gave me along the Way. Love I witnessed.
Light in peoples eyes and hearts and smile; kind and wise words; the memorable sunrise and sunsets.
Nature in abundance and of immense diversity; insects I‘ve only encountered on Camino; snakes on my path, birds, trees... Strangers helping strangers, the kindness and love in human nature.

I could have adopted ‚Rain, Pain & Blisters‘ as my sign- off, or ‚Vomit, Diarrhea & Bellyache‘, but I wouldn‘t wish those experiences on anyone and they would not be well received, I'm sure.

Not too far off of yours...mine is:

"Travel light
live light
spread the light
BE the light"
...attributed to some wise person

Ultreia!

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
This sign-off is from our own dear Saint Mike II, who’s undergoing some health challenges at the moment. He says:

“The glass is half-full - feel free to top it up”.

‘Love, Love, LOVE this ...

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Note: this post has been posted with Mike’s blessing.

Last edited:
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
"What day is it?" asked Pooh. "It's today," squeaked Piglet. "My favourite day," said Pooh.

I used: "Today; my favourite day" a few years ago as the title to my "live" from the Camino thread. Getting into a Pollyanna mindset comes without effort when I am walking a Camino.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads