A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

'Love, Light & Nature'

2020 Camino Guides

Redhead Keith

Love, Light & Nature
Camino(s) past & future
Francé: 2005: 2016
Inglés: 2017
Salvador: 2018: 2019
Primitivo: 2018: 2019
‚Love, Light & Nature‘ The sign-off I adopted after my second Camino (The Francés)

Love I felt for others, the world around me; the Love people gave me along the Way. Love I witnessed.
Light in peoples eyes and hearts and smile; kind and wise words; the memorable sunrise and sunsets.
Nature in abundance and of immense diversity; insects I‘ve only encountered on Camino; snakes on my path, birds, trees... Strangers helping strangers, the kindness and love in human nature.

I could have adopted ‚Rain, Pain & Blisters‘ as my sign- off, or ‚Vomit, Diarrhea & Bellyache‘, but I wouldn‘t wish those experiences on anyone and they would not be well received, I'm sure.

What would your new sign-off be, considering your Camino experiences?

jozero

Been there, going again...
Camino(s) past & future
CF x 3
While not an original thought, I can't help but think of the late Steve Jobs and his advice to the graduating class at Stanford when he said "Stay hungry, stay foolish".

I hope I will always hunger to learn more, share more and experience more and I hope that I will always be foolish enough to not take the advice of those who tell me I cannot accomplish, do or be more than I was yesterday...

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
A wonderful new thread, Keith! I'm sure most all of the replies will be uplifting!
I'll be thinking of one to add... 🤔
Edit- Curiosity, Sharing, Peace...CSP

Last edited:

David

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
During the Roman empire the aristocracy and soldiers greeting was "Health and Joy" or "Health and Great Joy", which I rather like .. and when asked how I am .. hotel reception etc, I always answer "life is good" (and mean it, deeply).

but - ah .. sign off's? Not quite certain but I think my generic one tends to be "All is Well" but if it is a supportive and/or religious response message I end with "in your heart and home, Peace".

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
During the Roman empire the aristocracy and soldiers greeting was "Health and Joy" or "Health and Great Joy", which I rather like .. and when asked how I am .. hotel reception etc, I always answer "life is good" (and mean it, deeply).

but - ah .. sign off's? Not quite certain but I think my generic one tends to be "All is Well" but if it is a supportive and/or religious response message I end with "in your heart and home, Peace".
It reminds me of a line from the the Christian religious song... "It is well, it is well with my soul".

Derrybiketours

A journey of 500 miles begins with one step!
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdeP-SANT-FIN (09/2018)
PORTO-SANT (11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe, BR (01/2019)
SJPdeP- SANT (09/2019)
I'm not sure what a sign-off is but before, during and after I have a HELL of a time!
Hope, go forward with it!
Expectation, leave it behind!
Live, your fullest potential!
Love, give out!
🤠

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2015 CF; October 2017 PC from Porto; Camino Ingles October 2019; Le Puy (2020)

I LOVE “ In your heart and home, Peace.” Can I borrow that to sign my Christmas cards next year? “ All is well” is also perfect, unless all isn’t well. Of course all is always well in a mystical sense.

David

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
I LOVE “ In your heart and home, Peace.” Can I borrow that to sign my Christmas cards next year? “ All is well” is also perfect, unless all isn’t well. Of course all is always well in a mystical sense.
Absolutely! The only thing I ever tried to copyright was the word 'copyright' and that didn't work :D:D:D

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
I have NO intention to sign off in the future! Having a new Camino shot in April-May, celebrating my 66th birthday. :cool: Hope to see you on the road again, @David.

Aaahhhh: There it is: "On the Road again!" :D

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
My sign-in + sign-off every single day since walking through the Baltic States (2017) has been,

I'm alive!

(When anyone asks how I am that's what I say: I am alive! Sometimes I add a resounding, Hallelujah, but this gets a few shocked looks, so mostly i just say, with all the astonishment and gratitude I feel, I Am Alive! That seems to cover it. Without Life there is nothing else)

Last edited:

elleley

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (16); Leon-Sarria, Ourense-SdC (17), Burgos-Leon (17), Porto-SdC (18), SalvadorPrimitivo(19)
‚Love, Light & Nature‘ The sign-off I adopted after my second Camino (The Francés)

Love I felt for others, the world around me; the Love people gave me along the Way. Love I witnessed.
Light in peoples eyes and hearts and smile; kind and wise words; the memorable sunrise and sunsets.
Nature in abundance and of immense diversity; insects I‘ve only encountered on Camino; snakes on my path, birds, trees... Strangers helping strangers, the kindness and love in human nature.

I could have adopted ‚Rain, Pain & Blisters‘ as my sign- off, or ‚Vomit, Diarrhea & Bellyache‘, but I wouldn‘t wish those experiences on anyone and they would not be well received, I'm sure.

Not too far off of yours...mine is:

"Travel light
live light
spread the light
BE the light"
...attributed to some wise person

Ultreia!

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
This sign-off is from our own dear Saint Mike II, who’s undergoing some health challenges at the moment. He says:

“The glass is half-full - feel free to top it up”.

‘Love, Love, LOVE this ...

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Note: this post has been posted with Mike’s blessing.

Last edited:

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
"What day is it?" asked Pooh. "It's today," squeaked Piglet. "My favourite day," said Pooh.

I used: "Today; my favourite day" a few years ago as the title to my "live" from the Camino thread. Getting into a Pollyanna mindset comes without effort when I am walking a Camino.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 52 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 183 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 297 24.4%
  • June

Votes: 86 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 349 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 149 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock